Now Available- 52100 Fell Beast Hard Use Machetes w/ Terotuf

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey Guys,

I finally have been able to get back into the shop and am finishing up a big batch of my 52100 Fell Beast machetes.

I have
2 Classic Model without Choil
1 Classic Model with Choil
5 Bolo Model

All of these have Black Terotuf Scales. Flats are acid etched with a satin bevel. The temper line is visible on most of these. All will have 3 stainless flared tube hardware.

I now have sheaths available with these.

Price is $259 Shipped via priority CONUS. $309 shipped with a sheath.

These are almost complete and will be shipping within 1-2 weeks. If you would like to purchase one post below or PM me and I will put you down for one.

Here are the specs
52100 .110 thick with spring tempered spine an 57-58 RC edge
17.5 inch blade
23.5 Overall
2.4in wide
~21 ounces For Classic
~23 for Bolo

[URL=http://s766.photobucket.com/user/Huntsmanknifeco/media/FullSizeRender%204_zpsow3wmwei.jpg.html]

[IMG]http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/Huntsmanknifeco/FullSizeRender%204_zpsow3wmwei.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
FullSizeRender%206_zpszrgkcrq5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Comparison between Classic and Bolo Model
31aac423-7fb5-4e4d-b2a5-fb08fe6bef07_zps4dbliycy.jpg

Sheath Example

20140602_170312_zpsd2fd2e5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Busy with the winter break, looking good. I've beaten mine like a red headed stepchild and it just keeps on takin my it.

Glad to hear your machete is holding up well! I'm constantly amazed at how tough these things are. I'm going to see if I can split a 14in diameter tree trunk in half with one when I process some firewood next week. Wish me luck :thumbup:

Any chance you'll ever offer something like this, but around 9 or 10 inche blade?

I am going to cut a few small ones for the next run. It seems like a lot of guys are interested In shorter blades. I will do a few in 10, 12, and 14 and see how everyone likes them.

I may be interested in a 10. I'm looking for a light weight back packing blade. Thanks

It will be spring before the next run is ready but I'll go ahead and cut a couple 10 inch models. I can let you know when they are ready.

Can you tell me what estimated weight would be. The first hike I'm doing this year will be 32 miles, 3 days and 2 nights. I would like something light, and of course durable. It will be a river hike, and will be a lot of vegetation, and wood cutting with some fire making.

I'm not sure what the exact weight would be but I'm guessing it will be very light. The 17.5 inch model only weighs 20-21 ounces with terotuf so cutting off 7.5 inches of blade will bring it to under a pound for sure. I think the main issue with such a small blade will be the loss of chopping power and snap for clearing brush but alot of guys are very successful with smaller machetes so it will probably come down to technique and personal preference as far as performance goes.

Here's a quick mockup of some possible options. The next run will have CNC scales, so as long as the handle is the same I can pretty much do anything people want in terms of blade shape and length.
Top to bottom we have
1. Regular 17.5in model
2. 12in
3. 12in Ring Choil
4. 10in
5. Small Bolo 13.5 in

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-13%20at%207.24.24%20PM_zpscf7vohdo.png

I really like the way the 10 inch looks. I think it will be more than enough for what I need.

I like the 12", no ring. With terotuff!
Looking forward to seeing this happen!

I bought one of your scale-less blades a few months back. So far I have not had a chance to put scales on, but it works great with thick leather "scales" wrapped in hockey tape. The tape is not very durable but it was fast and easy.

I really like the way the 10 inch looks. I think it will be more than enough for what I need.

Awesome Ill cut a couple of these for the spring run. I'd love to hear your feedback on how they perform as I won't be able to directly test all the variations myself.

I like the 12", no ring. With terotuff!
Looking forward to seeing this happen!

I bought one of your scale-less blades a few months back. So far I have not had a chance to put scales on, but it works great with thick leather "scales" wrapped in hockey tape. The tape is not very durable but it was fast and easy.

Glad you are liking your blade! Just wait until you get some good scales on it and can really take a full power swing into some hardwood:thumbup:

Ill cut some 12in no ring models for the new run. I think the ring takes up too much edge on the smaller versions.

Very interested in a 17.5 classic model with a ring choil heavy blade... do you have these? Shoot me a email
JeffEggers at Comcast dot net...

Is that classic model with choil a 17.5 model? Which handle? Could u send me a pic?

Very interested in a 17.5 classic model with a ring choil heavy blade... do you have these? Shoot me a email
JeffEggers at Comcast dot net...

Is that classic model with choil a 17.5 model? Which handle? Could u send me a pic?

Email sent.

Also just to elaborate. During the first and second run of the machetes I had a heavy .135 thick version in addition to the .110 thick version. Back then I wasn't sure how thick a machete should be and was experimenting. After alot of testing I discontinued the heavy .135 thick version as I felt they were just too heavy and to get the balance right I had to use a very tall grind which was time consuming and costly to produce. The .110 thick versions proved to be more than tough enough to handle hard tasks while overall having superior speed and balance. In the .110 v. .135 battle the thinner stock was the clear winner in my eyes. However, I wanted to offer something with just a little more chopping power so I introduced the Bolo version. The Bolo version replaced the .135 model and is now what I offer for people who value chopping power over speed and snappiness. And since the stock is all the same size and the grind is the same I am able to offer the Bolo version at the same price as the classic model and avoid all of the grinding issues that came with the thicker .135 stock.

Additionally I am bringing back the ring Choil for the next run of machetes and will be completely eliminating the standard choil. Ultimately its a matter of personal preference but I think a ring choil in a blade like this is superior to a standard choil for a number of reasons

I love choppers in the 19 to 24 inches overall length. What do you think would be more effective at woody chopping, your bolo machete or liberator bolo?

Back