Now offering machete blanks

Huntsman Knife Co.

Gold Member
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've gotten alot of requests from people for blanks lately so I figured I'd offer some for guys who like to do their own handles. I have very little time to work since I'm in school full time so these are a good way for me to still get some blades out with limited shop time.

I have two styles avilable for order, Classic (top) and Bolo (bottom)
They are ground, sharpened and ready for handles. They have two 1/4th holes and a 3/8th hole for pins and lanyards. Like all my blades, these are warrantied for life against breakage or extreme damage.

Here's a quick write up on this style of machete.

The Fell Beast is a new hybrid breed of machete that I've developed specifically for use in hardwood forests where extreme durability is required and failure is not an option. It is a heavier, more powerful machete designed for everything from clearing blackberries to felling hardwood trees. They are extremely tough, fast in hand, and with proper technique, will out chop any tool in its weight class. Made from 52100 steel with a spring tempered spine and 58RC edge, these will hold up to extreme use where other machetes chip, roll, or suffer catastrophic failure.

Steel- 52100 with spring tempered spine and 57-58 RC edge
Length- 23.5in overall
Blade Length- 17.5in
Thickness- .108

$149 shipped CONUS for either

PM me or email me at huntsmanknifeco AT gmail to place an order

IMG_20160512_183647_zpse4hwvnq7.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Tarsis22,

I'm not sure about just the blank, but the classic model is ~20 ounces with micarta scales and the bolo is ~23 ounces with micarta scales.

And they are very flexible but stiffer than most normal machetes. Here's a flex pic. I had to crank pretty hard to get it to this angle.

20140211_142411_zps199d03c0.jpg

Thanks for the reply Huntsman,

I was looking at your work, impressive to say the least, do you have any finished with handles and all?

Not at the moment. Ill have some finished machetes in July after I get my first internship finished and have some time to work.

This may seem an odd question because you sell complete built blades, but would you consider selling a set of scales if I already had the blade? I never got around to putting scales on and have just been using it wrapped (works ok, but I want terotuff scales one of these days).

I don't think I can do scales. I have to marry the scales to the tang with the grinder and unless you have access to a belt sander the fit will not be right.

Can you give me an estimate on the minimum length and width needed for usable handle material for a machete please?

You need at least a 6.25x2. However I would recommend 6.5x2 just to give some breathing room. My finished scales are 6.10 in length.

Back