nuclear meltdown treatment

boring

Gold Member
the old nuclear treatment. rounding off edges. anybody didn't like it? I still like it.
Q2U5NSU.jpg

I feel like the only person in the world not taking Crazy Pills.

The sharp edges of Busse knives are what I associate with "Serious, no nonsense, utilitarian, last forever" blades.

Rounded edges, in my brain, remove "character" and, even though the composition remains Busse, makes the knives look like everybody else.

Then again, while never officially diagnosed insane, nor legally adjudicated mentally incompetent, I am kind of retarded.

I feel like the only person in the world not taking Crazy Pills.

The sharp edges of Busse knives are what I associate with "Serious, no nonsense, utilitarian, last forever" blades.

Rounded edges, in my brain, remove "character" and, even though the composition remains Busse, makes the knives look like everybody else.

Then again, while never officially diagnosed insane, nor legally adjudicated mentally incompetent, I am kind of retarded.
I find it just the opposite. Only knife brand I have that used to take the time to do it.

IMO it should be standard on all Busse.

I think you could make a case for this-- besides the cost it'd by necessity add to the blades.

I haven't found any downside to NM treatment besides if a person just didn't like the way it looked, like Demon613 says above.

Maybe if for some reason you found yourself needing a 90 deg edge for scraping, or something task like that, without damaging your secondary grind then you wouldn't like NM.

You'd have a hard time finding a sharp edge on my NMSFNO-- besides in the obvious place, of course. :rolleyes:;)
mK7HUZ4.jpg

YQBkR7J.jpg

I like it so much, I even find myself sometimes trying to make non-NMSFNO models more like NMSFNO's :).
43ievIO.jpg

oQGHPZD.jpg

ajXxg5p.jpg

btw, I had Josh grind a thumb notch @ a clean 90 deg. just in case I wanted to scrape some bark off a pole. ;)
qYNEOy2.jpg

fehtXhf.jpg

eSudkis.jpg

Last edited:
Back