Photos NUKED FMV8 Pics!

It would be nice if they listed the handle materials on the tag or invoice or something. Every other maker I can think of lists that somewhere.

Yea. We are all speculating now that mine is some type of horn (bison or cow) based on the looks of it

I’ve been looking at dif horn handles online and have to agree. Never had a bone handled blade before, I like it!

My thoughts...

Ram has a lot of "grain" usually, and is usually at least a little translucent (especially hand smoothed) - I know this is hand smoothed, I am thinking buffalo, unless the darkness and apparent lack of transparency is due to the darkness of the wood coming uniformly through a relatively translucent Ram's Horn. I know Busse uses Ram on a not so rare basis, and buffalo would be kick ass too - that will be relatively less translucent and have its own uniform character (based on research and having both materials to look at)...

Little hard to tell from the pics, plus that's just my 2/5 of a nickel...

Also - lending credence to USPS > than UPS, my shipment date got moved on my Nuke FMV8, and not the first time this has happened...USPS is lighting fast, easy to navigate your account and easy to create labels and drop off's are everywhere...UPS seems to be in a bit of a slump...

Is the finish on all of these Nuke V8's smooth? Im wondering if people actually use them or if they are collector's items.

My thoughts...

Ram has a lot of "grain" usually, and is usually at least a little translucent (especially hand smoothed) - I know this is hand smoothed, I am thinking buffalo, unless the darkness and apparent lack of transparency is due to the darkness of the wood coming uniformly through a relatively translucent Ram's Horn. I know Busse uses Ram on a not so rare basis, and buffalo would be kick ass too - that will be relatively less translucent and have its own uniform character (based on research and having both materials to look at)...

Little hard to tell from the pics, plus that's just my 2/5 of a nickel...

Thanks for the info! I put some better pics up on the Facebook page this morning when we were sleuthing trying to determine what it was.

Is the finish on all of these Nuke V8's smooth? Im wondering if people actually use them or if they are collector's items.

Not sure what I’ll use it for, but I’ll get a sheath for it and put it on my plate carrier and see what I think, but I normally stick to multi purpose knives on my gear. But I’ll see how I can fit it into my kit, but if nothing else, it’s a nice addition to my collection.

I would imagine one would have picked up a CG or CF if the wanted to use/abuse...just my thoughts...these were known to be customs with custom handles and extra work on the blade finish, etc, etc if you go and read the original release posts...Of course, these nukes could be used just as effectively for their actual purpose, and if you wanted some extra grip on a crab shack handle job, wrap it with hockey tape, or pull some rubber over it...

I personally wouldn’t ever own a knife I wouldn’t use. Something poetic about using a tool for its intended purpose

Well, I haven't stabbed anyone since the 9th grade and that was only the 3rd ever - so fortunately I've not had a lot of need for a pig sticker but if I do, it's a great option and looking good doing it :D

Here’s another. Some kind of dyed, swirly sump’n wood with a little resin fill here and there.

Nicely finished piece. It does feel good in the hand.

Best packing tape ever. :cool:

W4NRwONl.jpg

6V8s6Kjl.jpg

31mRaQYl.jpg

lPwruRTl.jpg

Here’s another. Some kind of dyed, swirly sump’n wood with a little resin fill here and there.

Nicely finished piece. It does feel good in the hand.

Best packing tape ever. :cool:

W4NRwONl.jpg

6V8s6Kjl.jpg

31mRaQYl.jpg

lPwruRTl.jpg

Really nice!

Mine are all smooth and they're all collector pieces for me. I have others for users when the zombie apocalypse comes. Not sure what else I need an 8" dagger for.

Hope you love them buddy!

I have no doubt I will love them...gotta see where they fall into my "non-collection":confused::cool::eek:;)o_O...just because I have not kept all Nuke options, does not mean I do not appreciate each and every one that has come through my hands. One of these may end up in a full on-full custom sheath to ride with me for a long time, regardless of whether or not it gets used...

C

Back