Nyala replacement?

Does anyone know if CRK is working on a new fixed blade to replace the Nyala? It sure seems like a gap in the line that needs filling.

Tim did a FB live a while ago where he said they may bring the Nyala back at some point or refine the design and come out with a new model but nothing was certain at the moment.

Even if they only make a few to keep around, it keeps people in the brand. The only two fixed blades I own are the black micarta versions (drop and insingo). I have two insingos because one is a backup for three decades from now when my first one wears out. I was sad to see them go recently. Silly, but I checked online stores often and watched them dry up.

Not the place really, but I need to vent.
1. No more nyala
2. No non-warranty blade replacements for 21's
3. How the 31 lock ball makes the "rocking lock" thing potentially worse than it is on the 21.
2020 has been a rough year for me and CRK

Last edited:
3. How the 31 lock ball makes the "rocking lock" thing worse than the 21.

Have to had a 31 and experienced this..? My 31 has great, solid lockup ... as do my 2 Inkosi’s and my Umnumzaan. I have zero fears about the longevity of my 31 when compared to my 21’s, which are also still amazing knives.

Have to had a 31 and experienced this..? My 31 has great, solid lockup ... as do my 2 Inkosi’s and my Umnumzaan. I have zero fears about the longevity of my 31 when compared to my 21’s, which are also still amazing knives.
I have had two 31’s, both large, and they both demonstrate easily manipulated vertical blade movement. It personally doesn’t make me think that there is anything fail-worthy occurring, but who would ever want that “built” into the knife? I really would be absolutely shocked if CRK doesn’t make a revision.

Reactions: 353
Even if they only make a few to keep around, it keeps people in the brand. The only two fixed blades I own are the black micarta versions (drop and insingo). I have two insingos because one is a backup for three decades from now when my first one wears out. I was sad to see them go recently. Silly, but I checked online stores often and watched them dry up.

Not the place really, but I need to vent.
1. No more nyala
2. No non-warranty blade replacements for 21's
3. How the 31 lock ball makes the "rocking lock" thing potentially worse than it is on the 21.

Just as I have never really been an Inkosi guy ( only ever owned 1 and sold it ), I don’t see me ever being a 31 guy either. Lock Rock is NOT “built in”. It’s a fail. Quite easily put. They stand to lose far more than they will gain as this gains traction, and it will. I have always been a CRK guy and strongly feel they Will Remedy the issue, but not anytime soon. Let’s just home it’s not a Corona kind of too late. Luckily for me, there are a zillion 21’s out there, so life is good. Be good and Stay Safe everyone. Endless prayers for you all.

Back