1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic NYC

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by MacLaren1, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2009
    The Sparks Steakhouse suggestion above is on-point; personally, I always found Luger's overrated, but both are objectively good.

If nothing else, go to Gramercy Tavern; do the bar/front room seating (casual, walk in only, no reservations accepted). The same superlative, wood-fired oven kitchen services both that area and the fancy, higher-priced formal dining room. I enjoy both, but honestly the casual side of the house is better.

[Edit:] You're going to pay through the nose for a hotel, whether it's something decent, something trashy, or something excellent. Take a look at the Lowell over on East 63rd - yes, it's expensive and old fashioned, but it's also beautiful, has working fireplaces in the rooms, has service you won't find at NYC hotels twice the price...and is right next door to Club Macanudo, which has excellent cigars, Laphroaig 30, and the best cuban sandwich I've ever eaten.[/Edit]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    MacLaren1 likes this.
  2. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    After paying for expensive hotel and steak dinner, head out to Brooklyn for cheaper ethnic foods.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  3. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Hotdogs and bagels are also some of NYC's finest!

MacLaren1 likes this.
  4. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    When I read things like “$600 a night”

All I think is 1500 rounds of Malaysian 7.62x51, 3000 rounds of Golden Tiger 7.62x39......and 2 nights.....that’s another FAL.

MacLaren1 and gk4ever2 like this.
  5. GotSteel

GotSteel Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2016
    You might save some staying in an AirBnB

MacLaren1 likes this.
  6. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I used to think that too. Now I think $600 for a hotel room is a lot cheaper than the bigger house I'd need if I kept buying guns and ammo.

Gravelface likes this.
  7. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Gosh guys. I really wanna thank you all for all the great advice and tips!!
    We truly do appreciate it!!
    You all make this such a great forum to belong to.