O oK but why?

Looking in this sub-forum I've noticed a lot of you guys are excited about your new Order of Kai group and what you have to do to get in but I see nothing about why I would want to join. What are the perks or benefits of being in said group?

Being confused about such things is nothing new to me, can someone politely explain to me the point please? Isn’t just being a part of the forum discussions enough?

Thanks! :)

I was wondering the same thing. :rolleyes:

I guess so that you can brag about your "#".

But..... I would get ready for some hate headed your way.

For fun. What better reason is there for anything?

Seems like people are just out looking for something these days. Maybe it's just me.:rolleyes:

being part of a group of people with the same interests in knives.

also, lot of groups (for example Beckerheads, of which i am one) give out some swag to members, have members only contests and giveaways, etc.

I joined, but im not overly zealous about the whole thing. Its just something for fun. You know, like joining a club as a kid. There really isn’t a real purpose for it, but its something.
For me, it just shows that im a fan of Kershaw/ZT knives. Kinda like a bumper sticker.

Everyone knows that jumping on bandwagons is the key to have a good time right? lol

I don't see the point either. I have a lot of Kershaws and ZTs, but I'm not joining the "order". This forum has too many whiners.

For fun, mostly. And also because I had nothing to put in my sig line :D

Thanks for the responses, I think I understand.

If someone said "It helps you get through the winter" I'd be in :(

I don't see the point either. I have a lot of Kershaws and ZTs, but I'm not joining the "order". This forum has too many whiners.

The problem is, this is where those who whine come to do so. The core group here are not whiners but those who have to put up with it and the effects it has on this said forum. The point of the "Order" is for us non whiners to have something fun and a way to show our respect for the brand, not necessarily just fan boys.There is a big difference as we all know.

We all would like to do away with whiners because all they do is ruin everything, and bring nothing to the table. Having a legitimate problem is an entirely different thing than whining.

It helps you get through the winter. You in now? :D

I think it's fun and helps fill the void in my sig line with something that shows brand loyalty. I think some good ideas for contests, GAWs, challenge coins, contests for members only, etc. will come out of this as well.

The problem is, this is where those who whine come to do so. The core group here are not whiners but those who have to put up with it and the effects it has on this said forum. The point of the "Order" is for us non whiners to have something fun and a way to show our respect for the brand, not necessarily just fan boys.There is a big difference as we all know.

We all would like to do away with whiners because all they do is ruin everything, and bring nothing to the table. Having a legitimate problem is an entirely different thing than whining.

Absolutely. I couldn't have said it better myself (clearly, as I couldn't form the words earlier). There are two companies in this industry that have earned my respect and ongoing business. Kershaw/ZT, and Leatherman. I don't feel they can do no wrong, and there are products I don't like and designs/material choices I don't particularly like. However with all of the times I've had to use their warranty and customer service avenues, those two companies have come through and have shown to go beyond their obligations to make a customer happy with their product and the name on it. They've earned my support through their products and their service, and it seems I'm in good company on that front. I'm happy to hang out and have some fun in a group, talk shop, and socialize because of it.

Looking in this sub-forum I've noticed a lot of you guys are excited about your new Order of Kai group and what you have to do to get in but I see nothing about why I would want to join. What are the perks or benefits of being in said group?

Being confused about such things is nothing new to me, can someone politely explain to me the point please? Isn’t just being a part of the forum discussions enough?

Thanks! :)

In my mind it is to show respect for a fine company which is comprised of a lot of talented and friendly individuals that are sincerely dedicated to producing the finest and most innovative cutlery products they can make.

I will be proud to show my support, just as I do for JK and Buck Knives.

It is a fact of life that there are people who "whine", just as there are rude people in any group. Such is life.

best

mqqn

Back