Occupation?

JK Knives

We've done this before, but since there are a lot of new people here I thought we would do it again.
I spent 37 years in manufacturing, working my way up through the ranks until I became shop supervisor. A few years later the company I worked for was bought out by a large corporation which thought it would be a great idea to move production out of the country.
Both my wife and I lost our jobs within three months of each other.
Since then I have been making knives, with a couple of part time jobs tossed in when things got slow.
Let's hear your story.

I'm a JOAT for a small state agency.
prior to that I was a teacher (HS & CC)
I like riggers they keep me safe. Wanna see fort bennings riggers work it's kind of scary

my #1 godson is a chute rigger at Ft Campbell.

there is something wrong with this picture. It's a live mc-6 with a t-11 reserve. My buddy is a jump master and is hiding his face because he will never live this down. Needless to say who ever packed that chute and inspected it is in for it. Let me know if tall can't see what's wrong.

there is something wrong with this picture. It's a live mc-6 with a t-11 reserve. My buddy is a jump master and is hiding his face because he will never live this down. Needless to say who ever packed that chute and inspected it is in for it. Let me know if tall can't see what's wrong.

Oh... wow

I work for the largest electrical contractor in NH, where I run the low voltage communications division.

I've also been know to tinker with knives...

I'm an inspector. Certified as a welding inspector, as well as both field and lab certified in various things for concrete, dirt, pre-construction, during construction, and post-construction. I've spent the last 21 months as a structural inspector for the new airport being built in New Orleans. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to witness a billion dollar project rise from the ground. The fact that I've lived in or within 30 miles of New Orleans my entire life gives me a great sense of pride every time I see the project at the end of the day.

I work security on the North Slope aka Prudhoe Bay Alaska which is the largest oilfield in the U.S. All of us in my work group are former military, corrections, law enforcement or medics. Slope workers deal with some of harshest winter conditions in the U.S. I've seen ambient temperatures as low as -65 and wind chills of -96. During the summer depending where a person is working the mosquitos can be seen in black clouds. It's a remote site location so we have to fly up here to work and we live up during our work hitch which for most people is 2, 3, or 4 weeks at a time and then we usually have the same amount of time of that we worked. I've been doing this for 14 years and the North Slope never ceases to amaze me.

I work security on the North Slope aka Prudhoe Bay Alaska which is the largest oilfield in the U.S. All of us in my work group are former military, corrections, law enforcement or medics. Slope workers deal with some of harshest winter conditions in the U.S. I've seen ambient temperatures as low as -65 and wind chills of -96. During the summer depending where a person is working the mosquitos can be seen in black clouds. It's a remote site location so we have to fly up here to work and we live up during our work hitch which for most people is 2, 3, or 4 weeks at a time and then we usually have the same amount of time of that we worked. I've been doing this for 14 years and the North Slope never ceases to amaze me.
I hunt 60 miles south of deadhorse at the only real pull off to the west. And I'm going back to ak this month. I'll be living in anchorage.

Reactions: TLA
I hunt 60 miles south of deadhorse at the only real pull off to the west. And I'm going back to ak this month. I'll be living in anchorage.

Are you going to be living up here permanently? I live in Anchorage as well.

Back