Odd Emerson logo

Heirphoto

Gold Member
I have this 2003 Emerson with a different looking logo. I know there have been several logo variations over the years. A web search turned up a few others with this same logo in the 4000ish serial number range. Everything else on the knife looks and feels correct, inside and out. Second detent, grinding on the liners, pivot hole cutout, screws, serration pattern and texture, G10 texture and rounding, thumb stud knurling, etc. All details copies were always lacking.

Even the laser etch was laid down in the same order of what was etched first and last in overlapping layers. When taken apart and laid next to another Emerson each piece is identical to that of my other early Commanders. I can't see a clone getting every tiny detail right but then missing what the logo should look like.

I did send pic to Emerson but thought I would ask here if anyone else has an Emerson with this logo.

I have a 1998 and several 2004 Commanders so am familar with the small details of the early ones and internally and externally this is spot on....other than the odd logo and date placement.

View attachment 1419421

Last edited:
Heard back from the mothership on this one and they (Rachael E.) felt it was good to go. The explanation was given that during this time period etching was contracted out to other vendors and could account for some of the variations seen on early logos and markings.

Back