Official BK18 Harpoon Thread

I happen to love the other Tweener sheaths, because other knives fit in 'em!
But the BK-18 package looks solid regardless.

looking at the main page, and This knife looks nicer proportioned than the S&U Model 2.... Maybe it's the blade length, or the subtle curves of the scales? The 18 is growing on me visually, a tiny bit.

I'm hoping we get some user reviews soon.... I missed out on the 15's at a legal price...… so I don't have any Real tweeners yet. :/

I just received a pkg from SMKW and I now have a new BK16 AND a BK18! The 18 is great in the hand and first impressions are good! The point will be fantastic for fine work and hole making. The harpoon shape seems to throw weight forward, which Ethan likes, and it feels like it may chop quite well for its size accordingly.

I tested the sheath with the BK16 and it fits perfectly as well! So no problem switching the knife Im carrying and using the same kydex sheath.

Damm! The BK18 :D
C440EE85-E20E-4CEF-9489-D6D1461B5F1D.jpeg B0936607-BB28-49C5-A89A-823DFBD5C151.jpeg 16455A61-80BB-4179-A55A-AC1A09A748BE.jpeg 5C800163-5E16-49D0-A510-B446FCD7514A.jpeg

changed the screws to black oxide SS took some of the oxide off with a wire wheel. Darkened the logo with a sharpie . Took the strap off. The knife with the strap on or off will still work in pocket for outdoor outings :).Better fit without though :p with strap off knife has a bit of a rattle. Another favorite from Ethan and KA-BAR :thumbsup::thumbsup: oh ya it cuts like a knife

Last edited:
View attachment 1301349 View attachment 1301350 View attachment 1301351 View attachment 1301352

changed the screws to black oxide SS took some of the oxide off with a wire wheel. Darkened the logo with a sharpie . Took the strap off. The knife with the strap on or off will still work in pocket for outdoor outings :).Better fit without though :p with strap off knife has a bit of a rattle. Another favorite from Ethan and KA-BAR :thumbsup::thumbsup: oh ya it cuts like a knife

I took the belt loop off mine as well. Feels really good for pocket carry without it. Im considering a tek lok or the tdi belt clip for scout carry. As a lefty im just really happy how i can wear it however i want.

photostream
View attachment 1301349 View attachment 1301350 View attachment 1301351 View attachment 1301352

I found that if you put the brackets with the screws that hold the belt loop back where they were originally attached it will tighten up the sheath so that it won’t rattle or at least not as much

49654171022_164fac0717_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back