Official BK18 Harpoon Thread

Such times we live in - when black is an exclusive.

That being said, I too will among those likely getting one of each. The question then becomes: which will be the user and which the Safe Queen?

I was meaning to post this awhile ago but time gets away from you.

Anyway remember the cutco Ka-Bar outdoorsman? I always through it might be Becker inspired. Well the sheath is top notch and along with the knife they are both made in the USA. The sheath seems to really resemble the new offering with the bk18. I think the BK 18 is going to be the first production Becker to be offered with a made in USA sheath. I can tell you now if the bk18 sheath is anything close to what’s on this cutco then the quality is going to be great. Comparing to a bk2 sheath this one has way thicker nylon backing. The plastic they use on the bk2 is more of a soft stretch kind. Whereas this cutco much more like real Kydex very snappy.

0.jpg 0-3.jpg 0-1.jpg

I was meaning to post this awhile ago but time gets away from you.

Anyway remember the cutco Ka-Bar outdoorsman? I always through it might be Becker inspired. Well the sheath is top notch and along with the knife they are both made in the USA. The sheath seems to really resemble the new offering with the bk18. I think the BK 18 is going to be the first production Becker to be offered with a made in USA sheath. I can tell you now if the bk18 sheath is anything close to what’s on this cutco then the quality is going to be great. Comparing to a bk2 sheath this one has way thicker nylon backing. The plastic they use on the bk2 is more of a soft stretch kind. Whereas this cutco much more like real Kydex very snappy.

View attachment 1290659 View attachment 1290658 View attachment 1290657
Great post! I have the Outdoorsman and I hope you’re right. :thumbsup:

What is under the coating?

A good looking knife

qufqHr0wnSBeAEdQT3H3NX885AT21l1SFi73omddeejlAhaf20iXbElsZt6AqlNJdAnJ38qEcWUOW1_1pIkJFghsSZQ0KAoa8QmgQNAXwQ2NN6bnAhgQx4zfWQ61M-SVhJzR1sC3kQ=w1601-h546-no

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I dare venture forth and beckon yon leviathan? Heave to man, hoist aweigh. Dying is the day worth living for!

Nice sheath!
ioS6Xzw.jpg

sMEU7AX.jpg

slightly wiggly grind near the top on this side, I think it will sharpen out eventually
WgD38YW.jpg
7PKccrW.jpg
nice semi smooth coating!
vuSKg1L.jpg
Next to the 16. You can really tell that one is a drop point and the other sweeps up when you put them side by side. The 16 looks like it might even have a slight forward cant which I have never noticed before. Maybe it is an optical illusion.
C25x3P8.jpg

dxcHvrZ.jpg

Last edited:
Back