Official "Return of the YCS" thread - updates posted here

any news on where the kamis are on this?

getting anxious!

No news to report. As soon as I know, you guys will know. We have made requests until we are blue in the face, but sometimes it's pointless. As stated before, the first arrival is supposed to be a partial completion of the order - for error control purposes. Going to handle this as diplomatically as I can and I hope everybody is with me on it.

I'm sure you'll handle it just fine, Dan. Feathers will be ruffled for sure. I can almost bet on that. It'll all work out:)

Jake

Steely_Gunz said:
Feathers will be ruffled for sure.

Jake
Any time there is a special order without direct direction from someone knowlegeable at BirGhorka itself there are gonna be feathers ruffled.
The damn kamis don't listen half the time and the other half they know for certain that they are right and know more than anyone else what a khukuri should be that they're gonna do it their way anyway and try the patience of even someone like Uncle Bill who may be there in person trying to give them direction!:grumpy: :mad: :(

I'm really hoping the return of the YCS turns out great for a number of reasons with the first not withstanding that the YCS is a great khukuri ensemble.
The YCS is probably the best thought out system that HI has ever made and not just because I designed it but because I listened for a long time to what everyone here was saying what they wanted and designed the set based on that as well as what I desired for a complete survival outfit.
Thanks to all the input that no one realized they were giving I think the YCS succeeded in that.;)
Most of all I would also love to see everyone get their dream khuk made to their expectations!!!!:D

Also if the return of the YCS works well then the 17" Foxy Folly has a much better chance of being completed as we are wanting as well.
And that's my ulterior motive in wanting the return of the YCS to succeed and to succeed well!:D
The shape and design of the Foxy Folly was what I was aiming for in the YCS and just didn't have the skill.:(
A 17" FOxy Folly with some homemade kardas and a punch will fill the bill.:cool:
If it turns out well I may rob the two kardas I made from my 18" AK.;)
Naaaw.:D

Anything new on these? We need to have somebody take a few of them and beat the crap out of them to test them when they come in. Or somebody with a Rockwell tester?

Anything new on these? We need to have somebody take a few of them and beat the crap out of them to test them when they come in. Or somebody with a Rockwell tester? ---HD

Not to cut in line or anything, but i would be willing to put mine through the paces when it comes in. I fully plan on using mine anyway. I'm a young guy, but when i start to pass these khuks down to my grandkids i want then to see what these khuks were capable of. I can't think of more cruel punishment for a khuk than to be carefully crafted to exacting standards to perform for a 100 years of hard work, than to be put away, kept shiny, and never used. Not that its a bad thing to keep 'em nice, i just expect my blades to earn their keep. I'm not saying that i want the ugliest of the bunch if i tested one. i'd still like exotic wood or whatever, but i would gladly put it through the paces to see that its made of. If it fails then we know they are not so great. If it survives me, then it'll survive most. I'm tough on my knives. Someone with more sharpening skill than I should probably test the edge for hold ability and sharpening ease. They should be able to do this without boogering up their new knife. I wouldn't mind taking mine out to chop, dig, and pry. I'm still cutting up downed trees at my mother's, so i have plenty of medium to work with:) Like i said, doesn't make me any difference, but a lot of fellas are getting these for show pieces. I am not and don't mind scratching it up chopping and prying on wood to make sure they are tough enough.

Jake

I'll bite...what did the little bird tell you?

"tweet tweet"

that's what the big bird said as it flew overhead.....:eek: :D :p

Daniel Koster said:
"tweet tweet"

that's what the big bird said as it flew overhead.....:eek: :D :p

Ah-ha!!! Excellent Dan...excellent!!! :D :D :D

The wood on the handle and inlays on the one Bill posted look excellent! Do we know if any of the ones are trad bolster?

Have no idea - don't want to ask Yangdu. They have doc appts today.

BTTT :cool:
I thought I would bring this thread to the forefront for those still awaiting their new YCS's. ;) :D
I am praying for a nice panna butta in antler or horn!! :eek: :D

AA-I found out they *are* flat spined! Thought you might like to know...

Thanks Nasty! :D That news makes me quite happy. :D I really love the look of the flat spined khuks. Soon I hope to see my very own new YCS. ;)

Back