Official "Return of the YCS" thread - updates posted here

So when is the Pre-Pay cutoff date, Dan? I want to make sure i get my $$$ in on time;)

Thanks
Jake

Must admit it looks a fantastic 1 To many real antiques I can buy for that bread though! Wish I was rich, then I could collect the new ones too!

Spiral

Dan,
Will the Special YCS have the Flat spine like the old ones by Sanu? Like a Malla.
That is one of the features of the old YCS's that make them stand out from other khuks.
I have almost convinced my lady that a YCS would make the best B-day present I could get! ;) :footinmou . So I will most likely paypal U.B. the money before the weekend is over. I will also let you know too!! :D

THANKS!!

Dan,
Please add me to the list. E-mail to follow! :D
PayPal sent to Uncle moments ago! ;)

Wow... I just saw this thread (been working too much overtime)... Keith, glad to see my old YCS found a good home. I wasn't sure who it ended up with :D

Alan

Hi Daniel
I'm trying to send paypal but the site is having problems , will try again later.
Phil Melhop :grumpy:

Hey Dan...when's the cut off time for pre pay? I'm on the road and don't want to send CC info from here...not as secure as at home since I don't know who's sniffing this router. I'll be home tomorrow, then off to DC for a couple of days.

Initial order placed today so they can get started. I'll probably add to the quantity before the order is locked up. Here's what I said:
====================================================

We have some customers who want a special run of the YCS. I have sent drawing and picture. These knives must be done exactly as shown in the pix and drawing. Remember, this knife has the convex edge and not our usual edge. If we don't get the convex edge then I won't be able to sell the knives all of which will have been prepaid when I send the final numbers.

I wanted to get you started on this but do not know exactly how many we will need. For certain we will need 13 with wood handles and 2 with horn. We may need more but I will give you the final numbers next weekend.

The handles should be made of purple heart if you have enough. If you do not have enough purple heart then use any of the exotic woods that I send. The handles are chiruwa so you can use the matching slabs I sent on some if necessary and if you like. Horn handle should be made of from the antlers that I sent over. I sent some horn slabs which could be used.

Let me know if you or Sher have any questions regarding this order. The customers want Sher to make these knives so assign this project to him and tell him he must do his best work. If the knives are not right I will have to sell them at near cost and we will have to make the knives again until we get them right.

I added this later addendum:

=======================================================

Since these knives must be as near perfect as we can get them (all customers are old and faithful Himalayan Imports customers who have bought many, many knives from us) I was wondering if our Newari carving man might do a better job for the inlays on the handles. Sher is a kami and not a caving man and cannot do as well with the inlays as our Newari.

Also, make certain that Sher understands that the edge must be convex and not our standard flat grind. This is exremely important. If the edge is not convex I'll have to sell these knives off at cost and we will end up working for nothing. Only Sher and the sarki will get paid.

I'll probably be adding to the number of pieces but at least you can get Sher started on the project. It will have a priority over standard items because all orders are prepaid.

Tell Sher if he does an excellent job I'll send him a $100 USD bonus. This may inspire him to take his time and do the good job.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now all we can do is hope for the best.

Hello Daniel
I have made the payment and recived confirmation from both Paypal and Uncle Bill, do you need additional notification?
regards
Phil Melhop :)

I'll be making the payment tonight when I get home, scented sandalwood is still my first choice, but the antler (instead of regular horn) sure sounds like a winner!!!)

Thanks for making the order, Uncle. Hope your trip goes well.

I guess the prepay due date is "sometime before Sher finishes making them". As you can see, Uncle left it open as to the quantity.

ALL RIGHT! ALL RIGHT!! ALL RIGHT!!

I've been following this from the beggining and I cant' take it anymore!!!! ;)

Dan,

Can I still get in on this?

If I send my $225 to Uncle?

Let me know

Thanks

Mark T.

Anybody who's got the $$ is welcome on this list...:D

I'll add your name to the list.

Bill - it was worth a try, but that's ok.

Thats great UB! Was it stressed how important the non-habaki boster is to us? You are the best, I can't wait!

Dan e-mail sent, I been pre-paid for a while now please add my name to the list, I'm getting worried! ;)

No tooled scabbard, huh. bummer:( Oh well! Everything else sounds great Uncle Bill. How are we going to pay throught he Yahoo store again? I think i might just put this on my credit card instead of cash. Bad month for bills.

~Jake

Back