Official "Return of the YCS" thread - updates posted here

Yvsa said:
The thing is that once the chip is ground out the blade is good to go for a long time.
This was exactly the case with my first one. Once I put a convex edge on it, it was perfect and took an incredible beating.

The second one has an almost-convex edge.

Bill put the request in for a convex edge and said we wouldn't buy them if they didn't have a convex edge on 'em.

I haven't heard of any handles cracking, or any other problems other than the inlays.

Hopefully having these done by the newari will ensure a quality improvement.

Dan I sent you mail, if you don't get it, I was wondering if i could call a horn handled one when they come.... :D

Dan,

Is there a time line on those? Like when they might be ready? I don't really care how long it is but I was just wondering. The Fox Folly seemed to take a while, but some of the more recent projects don't seem to be taking so long.
Speaking of that whatever happened to Foxjaw?

hollow I asked about foxjaw too, when Ysva was begging for a fox folly, no one volnteered any info...

He has checked in now and then.

I do not know the timeline for completion. Something tells me that Uncle being away for a week might cause a delay in the process. I'm ok with it. Better that he be here to help "keep the record straight".

re: horn

A few horn models have been ordered and we can ask for another one when Uncle returns.

nice, thanks Dan!

Did anyone know him personally? He must have been pretty involved here to have designed such a nice looking khuk and have it approved by the High Uncle....

Not personally but he is a nice guy. The Fox Folly was supposed to be a lighter type fighter blade that was his intention , but this was lost in translation apparently and although I'd rank it as one of the aesthetically finest HI blades it is heavy as a Volkswagen. :eek:

ahem......."Official YCS thread".....

:p :p :p :p

Maybe you might like to start a new post Dan this thread is getting be ALOT of "official" information to sift through.... maybe dedication to important and current info....

:p

I don't mind if the thread stays alive....even occasional drifts are OK....just don't want to lose focus too much. :D

The most important thing is to keep your eye on the first post. :p

I saw this on the second page and thought I would bring it back to the top with a picture of my YCS. ;)

Thanks HD! I wish I could post pictures in a larger format. That 100kb size makes my photos too small to see detail though.

would be nice, wouldn't it?

thanks for the pic, ArchAngel. :eek:

Back