Official "Return of the YCS" thread - updates posted here

Yup...

$225 for the pair (the awl is free), the Khuk can just be sent to my place.

Since we're all showing, here's a crappy photo of my YCSs.
2 x YCS
The top one is a Sanu that was from early 2002. It has excellent balance and you can see the kardas are huge and well done. However the blade has alot of hammer marks along the ridges of the fullers, pretty atypical. You can kinda see it in the picture but in person is is very obvious and strange. After the special order gets here, I will likely make this one of my user khuks. It is somewhat thinner in the spine and has a narrower, pointier blade than the other one.

The bottom one is one of the two Sher chiruwa-YCS that were done in late 2002. Dan was consoling my complaints about the upcoming loss of exclusivity by saying it is -001 or -002 of the new production run :D. The YCS and one of the kardas has some kind of dark, heavy wood for handles, it is quite striking. The blade is quite thick, but is balanced nicely by the chiruwa tang.

The awls are not shown but both are pointy :D

mPisi that bottom one looks a bit larger than the top one, is it?

That's partially the perspective, but the chiruwa one is indeed about 1/2" longer. Most of that length is in the handle/bolster/cho :mad: LOL

The handle of the chiruwa is longer but slightly smaller in circumference than the standard one. However it is somewhat oval as well, which some folks like.

I agree, they are beautiful. I only hope the new ones look as good but I'm sure they will.

Mark T. :)

mPisi said:
The handle of the chiruwa is longer but slightly smaller in circumference than the standard one. However it is somewhat oval as well, which some folks like.

That is really what I am hoping for. The smaller diameter handle. Hopefully Sher will make these new ones like that too. When the handles are really big and fat especially behind the bolster they cramp my hand when chopping more.

The list has been updated again. Please double check to make sure that your info is right.

23 prepaid orders.....:D :D

UB was worried we might only get 5 or 6......:rolleyes:

Y'all really turned out for this one. When he gets back I'm going to request another email be sent to increase the order and double the quality for this run!

Wahoo!

Yeah this was a great idea! I can't wait! On special orders like this do they arrive in one batch or trickle in? Also if you could indicate somewhere in 1st post or wherever that I'd still like a horn one - that would be great too...

:cool:

Hopefully UB might have some bit of update when he comes back...

Dan,
I think that the YCS is legend in the khuk circles! :cool: :D Almost all that see one want it and cry because they were made no more. If this run works successfully, "this time", I forsee UB and Yangdu having to put it into the regular line up as a best seller! :D
I still look at my early Sanu YCS as my favorite handling and using khuk. New khuks come and grab my eye for awhile, but, the YCS "always" ends back at the front of the list when the newness of another recent purchase wears off.

It appeals to my inner eye more than any other blade has! That says alot!!
I think that a lot of Yvsa went into the design of that blade and Sanus early versions seem to capture that for me. I feel a warm closeness when I handle the YCS. It does not scream weapon in my soul, it is more companion that I feel. A tool that will help me through what ever is needed, without a hitch.

How is that for weird, hugh? I better be quiet now before all here think me strange. :eek:

BTTT

Yes....I would have liked Sanu to work on this one.

However, I had one by Murali and despite being labeled a blem was outstanding!

Kudos to Yvsa for making such an incredible design.

List updated. Thanks, J.

Because of the wide difference in the date which payments were made, there will probably be several runs of this model.

The first one will be the test run and those whose payment arrived first, will get first dibs. I have the list on my PC at home.

Don't feel bad if you're not one of the ones on the first run. It's more of a quality control measure, than it is "star-belly-sneeches"....ok? :p

Oh....and last I heard, Sher is indeed making these....:D

Back