Official SURVIVE! picture thread

That's an awesome line up of sharp tools and accessories Standard!!

I wonder how the silky saw compares to the bahco laplander.

I like the look of that 7/7 with the swedge.

It's not even close. The Silky blows away the Laplander in my book. It's a pull saw but it's aggressive and stays sharp for a long time. Cuts much much faster than the Bahco in our unscientific tests.

It's not even close. The Silky blows away the Laplander in my book. It's a pull saw but it's aggressive and stays sharp for a long time. Cuts much much faster than the Bahco in our unscientific tests.

That seems to be the current concensus. I like my laplander because it locks shut, it mostly plastic so it's really light and the teeth cut both ways. It honestly seemed like a couple years ago EVERYONE was of the opinion that everyone needs a laplander and it was the best ever. Not long after I bought I kept seeing more reviews on the Silkys and comparisons to the laplander. For the size I'm happy with my laplander, but we'll see what happens if I ever get a small Silky.

That seems to be the current concensus. I like my laplander because it locks shut, it mostly plastic so it's really light and the teeth cut both ways. It honestly seemed like a couple years ago EVERYONE was of the opinion that everyone needs a laplander and it was the best ever. Not long after I bought I kept seeing more reviews on the Silkys and comparisons to the laplander. For the size I'm happy with my laplander, but we'll see what happens if I ever get a small Silky.

I've never found a need for this one to lock shut because it's not something thats flying open in my pack. The Silky is seriously that much better to the point that mine is 3-4 years old and will out perform a new Bahco.

I've never found a need for this one to lock shut because it's not something thats flying open in my pack. The Silky is seriously that much better to the point that mine is 3-4 years old and will out perform a new Bahco.

STOP! Stop it!! If you don't shut up I'm going to end up on the S!K site to order a pocketboy!

EDIT: MoS, you're comparing a pocketboy to a laplander, right? How many teeth per inch does your pocketboy have?

My bigboy has 5.5 tpi and that is too much for anything that's much thinner than my wrist.

STOP! Stop it!! If you don't shut up I'm going to end up on the S!K site to order a pocketboy!

Pocketboy is too small for me. I have the Gomboy I think. It's a 10" blade I believe. I'll check when I get home. Doesn't weigh a whole lot and can easily be paired with a camp axe and handle anything you'll need on a trip.

Pocketboy is too small for me. I have the Gomboy I think. It's a 10" blade I believe. I'll check when I get home. Doesn't weigh a whole lot and can easily be paired with a camp axe and handle anything you'll need on a trip.

Nice. See my above edit on teeth!

Nice. See my above edit on teeth!

Mine is somewhere around. Pretty sure it's the medium teeth on mine. I have the Ultra Accel 240. 9.5" and 7.5tpi blade. And anything smaller than my wrist is one shot for a hatchet or camp axe. If it's dead or real hard then the saw will work on big or real small.

Edit to correct which one I have.

Last edited:
Mine is somewhere around. Pretty sure it's the medium teeth on mine. I have the Gomboy 240. 9.5" blade. And anything smaller than my wrist is one shot for a hatchet or camp axe. If it's dead or real hard then the saw will work on big or real small.

Thanks!

And yeah, I'd love to test my capabilites with a bigboy, GSO 12 and 4.1.

Thanks for the feedback and info MoS and Silver.
I think I'll replace my laplander with a silky then!

I like the look of that 7/7 with the swedge.

Thanks bud I appreciate it!
Sorry for the late response. Damn Tapatalk has been a nightmare lately.
I'll have to agree with MoS on his opinion about the Silky vs. Bahco saws. I had one years ago and it worked well, just not as well as Silky's.

Got a kydex ferro rod holder...

4_7.jpg

Crazy weather lately. Most of the snow is already melted since that pic. Looking forward to a real spring.

Give me a heads up in a few weeks when you sell your new 6 :D
The orange looks awesome!

Also, what kind of knot is on the end of your lanyard?

Haha! I really want to hold onto this one. The 5.1 will probably be the first to go.
I believe it's a snake braid but I'm not positive.

Back