1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I would think by now he's just about fed up with those scales! I mean between being impervious to staining, the unwavering color sharpness and the incredible texture, I'd think he'd want to upgrade to something different ;)

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
  3. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Well.... This happened...

[​IMG]

4. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Looking good!

MarriedTheMedic and Brian77 like this.
  5. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    Is that a 7?

MarriedTheMedic and 91bravo like this.
  6. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    That's my old 4.7 that @Pàdruig is now the owner of!

MarriedTheMedic, Brian77 and Oyster like this.
  7. Benson X

Benson X Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Got some new (to me) fancy pants for my 5.1! Skystorm Musket(?) sheath. Burly but simple design - looks great, feels great, very well constructed. The shock cord around the strap and ferro rod are a nice and effective addition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks again @LukeTheSpook!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  8. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    Wow, that's looks good!!!

MarriedTheMedic and Benson X like this.
  9. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kingdmx3, Hard Knocks, CataD and 6 others like this.
  10. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Nice! Great way to start a Sunday morning!

Hard Knocks and MarriedTheMedic like this.
  11. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Nice to see someone else out using their Survive knives! These things are just meant to be used, not just admired!

12. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    It's been a good day :D

Absolutely! I find them very aesthetically pleasing and they feel great just sitting in my hand, but the real fun is in using them to get something done.

Cteve likes this.
  13. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Silver, it looks like you put a new edge on that 4.7. Did you change the bevel angle or are you stropping by hand?
    It is almost Halloween and you aren't covered in snow. What happened to your weather? ;)

Silver Needle likes this.
  14. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    @Fancier
    Wow! You really notice something about the edge being different from those pics?

ETA: my only Survive! knife is a 4.1 F2 where I am the second or even third owner and it had been sharpened or at least stropped before it came to me, so I can’t really compare. But just based on pics I’ve seen I wouldn’t have noticed anything about Silver’s edge being different.

Hard Knocks and Silver Needle like this.
  15. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
  16. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    You are a man with great attention to detail! But, this the same factory edge (at least what I was told) from my pic in post #1523 of this thread. Maybe I just had some weird angles or light catching going on. My plan is to strop it after a few more outings. Wish me luck!

Ha! We had some early trick or treating last night and I did not dress warm enough. The temps are getting down, but no snow yet. Thankfully!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  17. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I compared the knife in the second picture to my untouched 4.7 20CV because the edge bevel looked a bit taller than I expected.
    The flats look a lot more dirty than the edge bevel, and the edge looks pretty clean all the way to the tip.
    Since I only have one of that knife I had to ask because I don't know how much variation to expect between them.
    Plus, it has been a few months since the last 4.7 shipped and I figured it would have been sharpened by now. ;)

Silver Needle likes this.
  18. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I'll have to compare edges between my 4.7s, I haven't been looking close enough!

As I was told from the original owner, this 20cv 4.7 was unused when it was sold to me. I took my time visually enjoying it until just recently. She couldn't stay a safe queen forever!

Fancier likes this.
  19. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Hey Francier if you're 4.7 wants to remain untouched by you and youre looking to move her on please let me know :D:p