Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Thanks Jonny. You've had that old thang for a few weeks now, aren't you getting tired of it? :D
I would think by now he's just about fed up with those scales! I mean between being impervious to staining, the unwavering color sharpness and the incredible texture, I'd think he'd want to upgrade to something different ;)

OcZl25h.jpg

Got some new (to me) fancy pants for my 5.1! Skystorm Musket(?) sheath. Burly but simple design - looks great, feels great, very well constructed. The shock cord around the strap and ferro rod are a nice and effective addition.
4ZwBy8uBOP79auH-Dl92SNkwO6V6kHhnhQFOqQm4XmOsAj1gW3iE_10D-ZABk4vJWz2ibKlxFxr1sYi4DJ4cOibKHDheG2doVpIXYM0vajL2o73PiISOs_0OWZiF-mcgmROKNk7mli-8oeGp-709NA2ayZ2HspTZBeedDCaxIWCHIdq2yDe8KJRTl_fA5QAzZQfh6IF40aqEAW_9znuNYtGZba_RAJn-adboX8_kNeWE9WsVnPu5upcVm-N2N1wPwcDPAXcRd4rlA6zucWa1Uj780xe1_64LbzzFXrsR_LGV1ERHFicfoSprH_vpU21TCypTze7jkqmHmiDAr7NgAqxctlRF5ybYmRpRPEcVeNNR0dXdEsMJwzXH3Qjs-6L0DA0692HJ2rBcCP6zwCiyX3enPb0oQqeyArQmR1hnqWkIDxx2HIo_1FutHTPRMEFudAw9hsJoAXYtYcU9dY75dm7rx9724ajNKgLKyHidh6qcRTO54iRRhRl9Lacxs0Uy7TCFyNX55En2CY3dC1Q09wKqE1YkBHpJTSBV1rkmjY8i6hxVHX1sByhe3hb-2bGsON6TN3bZk6Y1iuBeEuXPdpIeDcS1WHnkWoAOvxMZlgQy_v2hFwhlv7LZkAjmcEBK0CbU5e59YLxrKbBlSdGpLHb9ZUu-qj-fMTM=w1280-h720-no

ZavfgufYQSyzX3NUSUYsKkrZ7ZzJdK13cg1oyPsrgnv122M5xJlEwY0S3iL52WknGoZWUWdpmARWHuNgnbu7ZlU9TSf8aU16Z-Qet6G-TQjxOLdJ9WLUaFNj-sX6-oOOaLy3qisWX-m7TqN_TkuGJLol7HUcTQ3bcITnxydv51M0jw8EALWQ-8TQ2XOmqc4z58nRPLmru3r-Adhy22OW3frQYJPLMIYllQ7LVs5QIRB9YT57o7R3XNvIMlE508OMcY4ojFW6kIoxBcQIRsFLp9TY2N-7abotRwmvv8xwcEi1FpQSLg6JLdIh45K5aWNdFr6R5XHxG48WdS7g9xjyeeEl9nyl_ybIy04jhw-kn5iYdvvPMXWVKYWIcrP2M44vG8a4-SoPJ6PWKNllKOjfu-fLo_QDjb-7R4KtS53iy1Aggvt365x2Jwlf4OcLOGZGAeiOkgwQ136qen_yt5yWNfy3ZAMVDFZj4d_KQ2kRf6nSKJ_uTfHQHqatVOnuKxZv7qruoEEbwwS2A2hDHcbtlPlFqStdIKhrsfy4K_5AMqfJ5LSXh1mYlTFcBAh1sDN98DKzOszNKExufc9Ph8DmPygdY5LWEP_R2fDZmCAZNUdhswB9k-dQK-XUT42rZQC4k0HZgpRKokrlI8Ob-A1oIcO16zzxXclcVQg=w1280-h720-no

Thanks again L LukeTheSpook !

Silver, it looks like you put a new edge on that 4.7. Did you change the bevel angle or are you stropping by hand?
It is almost Halloween and you aren't covered in snow. What happened to your weather? ;)

Fancier Fancier
Wow! You really notice something about the edge being different from those pics?

ETA: my only Survive! knife is a 4.1 F2 where I am the second or even third owner and it had been sharpened or at least stropped before it came to me, so I can’t really compare. But just based on pics I’ve seen I wouldn’t have noticed anything about Silver’s edge being different.

Silver, it looks like you put a new edge on that 4.7. Did you change the bevel angle or are you stropping by hand?
It is almost Halloween and you aren't covered in snow. What happened to your weather? ;)
You are a man with great attention to detail! But, this the same factory edge (at least what I was told) from my pic in post #1523 of this thread. Maybe I just had some weird angles or light catching going on. My plan is to strop it after a few more outings. Wish me luck!

Ha! We had some early trick or treating last night and I did not dress warm enough. The temps are getting down, but no snow yet. Thankfully!

Last edited:
I compared the knife in the second picture to my untouched 4.7 20CV because the edge bevel looked a bit taller than I expected.
The flats look a lot more dirty than the edge bevel, and the edge looks pretty clean all the way to the tip.
Since I only have one of that knife I had to ask because I don't know how much variation to expect between them.
Plus, it has been a few months since the last 4.7 shipped and I figured it would have been sharpened by now. ;)

I compared the knife in the second picture to my untouched 4.7 20CV because the edge bevel looked a bit taller than I expected.
The flats look a lot more dirty than the edge bevel, and the edge looks pretty clean all the way to the tip.
Since I only have one of that knife I had to ask because I don't know how much variation to expect between them.
Plus, it has been a few months since the last 4.7 shipped and I figured it would have been sharpened by now. ;)
I'll have to compare edges between my 4.7s, I haven't been looking close enough!

As I was told from the original owner, this 20cv 4.7 was unused when it was sold to me. I took my time visually enjoying it until just recently. She couldn't stay a safe queen forever!

Hey Francier if you're 4.7 wants to remain untouched by you and youre looking to move her on please let me know :D:p

Back