Official THK picture thread

Funny how things work out... that's a custom request, and the first filet/boning knife I've done. I cut out two just in case I fouled up the first one, and the second one is already spoken for although I haven't even ground the bevels yet. Guess maybe I should make a couple more since people seem to like 'em...

Every fisherman will want one and every cook will as well. I can't see a reason to not make them.

.088" at the ricasso, .035" at the butt, gradual distal taper all the way down the blade.

I hope so :)

And I know a few others that have shown great interest in what I have told them about my upcoming green handled James Terrio made Elmax fillet knife. :D

Once that baby gets to Iowa...you just might have another order coming in.

I sincerely appreciate your support, and naturally I love it when you rascals tell your friends about my work. Thank you very much! :D

Please do not forget... I have not made a "perfect" knife to date. I rely heavily on y'all's feedback to help me improve my designs and my skills. I'm not scared to admit when I'm wrong or when I can improve. Brutal honesty is strongly encouraged! :thumbup:

Custom Strix in CPM-154 and orange G10 with full tapers and 600-grit hand satin finish. By request, I changed the shape of the front of the handle and made the guard/ricasso larger so the client can comfortably rest her thumb on it when she's paring veggies and whatnot.

tumblr_n1zctzPMoE1t96crwo1_1280.jpg

Custom Strix in CPM-154 and orange G10 with full tapers and 600-grit hand satin finish. By request, I changed the shape of the front of the handle and made the guard/ricasso larger so the client can comfortably rest her thumb on it when she's paring veggies and whatnot.

tumblr_n1zctzPMoE1t96crwo1_1280.jpg

Oh that's nice. Is it done?

Thanks again James, One of my sharpest knives now!!

[video=youtube;vk32HzW3n1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk32HzW3n1M[/video]

Kaywater in the house. Momma happy. Pictures in use forthcoming. Momma very happy.

Thank you brother James. :thumbup:

You're very welcome. When Momma's happy, everyone's happy :)

Here's a little somethin'-somethin' that just needs a quick clean-up, and will be heading out for a passaround very soon...

tumblr_n5z3baM42q1t96crwo1_1280.jpg

Well, sign up for the passaround when I get it going, and you can carve all the lamb you want!

Please, no chopping cinder blocks or battoning redwood trees, though... :rolleyes:

Back