Official THK picture thread

I received my custom Fugitive from James today!!! :cool: :thumbup:

A few of the quick details:

6.5" long blade (6.75" from edge of handle scales), 11.5" OAL
1.75" wide edge-to-spine
Full-flat grind, hand satin finished
0.22" thick Elmax at 60 Rockwell "C" :D (HT'd by Peters)
OD Green G10 handle scales with Hunter Green G10 liners
7/8" thick handle with tapered tang and extra-wide lanyard hole
"Circle of Light" pattern 1/4" mosaic pin Corby bolt caps
Lightly crowned thumb ramp and clip
Crisply squared, straight spine
Custom leather sheath with pocket
Matching firesteel
343.1g (12.1oz), 596.2g (21oz) with sheath and accessories

Pics!!!

I don't know how Flitz metal polish works its magic, but it sure does seem like magic!!! :eek: I only spent a few minutes (tops) hand-polishing on each mosaic pin, and they now shine like mirrors! :cool: It's impossible to capture with indoor lighting. I tried...

Last edited:
You take much better photos than I do... you lookin' for a part-time job? Will you work for steel, not cash? :p :D

You take much better photos than I do... you lookin' for a part-time job? Will you work for steel, not cash? :p :D

lol, and these were taken with my iPhone... :eek: I did have to whittle these down from the 60 or so I actually took. Would have used my real camera, but wifey had it with her away from the house. Regarding that last part, I sure would. If you're serious James, just let me know. :thumbup:

Regarding that last part {taking pics of knives, in exchange for "credit" towards knives}, I sure would. If you're serious James, just let me know. :thumbup:

I wish I could be serious about that, because honestly taking pics is not really what I'm into. But sadly, the numbers just don't add up. At this point, shipping my knives back-and-forth for photos would either drive me into the poorhouse or raise prices beyond what I feel is fair to my customers.

So for the foreseeable future, y'all are just gonna have to rely on my half-vast pics of new stuff... and hope for better pics from happy clients.

Therefore, I really do appreciate it when you all contribute your own pics! And I will ask one thing more from you...

Let's see 'em after you get 'em dirty. Scratched-up, used and even abused! I make cutting implements and working tools... not wallhangers.

Last edited:
Nothing pleases me more than seeing one of my knives all dirty and gunked-up with sap after building a shelter or gathering kindling/processing wood for a campfire, or even being *gasp* bloody after someone used it to clean a fish or game animal. I am certainly not offended when someone takes a snapshot of one of my chef's knives covered in tomato goo or cheese residue or whatever. That's why I make them.

If you forgot to clean it off after using it, did it get tarnished? Did it get duller after x-amount of use? Did it get a chip in the edge when you used it for this that or the other, or not? Don't be shy! Let's see it!

I am not afraid, and it will not hurt my feelings if one of my knives fails to meet your expectations. I enjoy real-world feedback, and I need it to improve. Thanks in advance! :)

Back