Oh Golly.... What A Weekend...!!

Dan,

You might consider wearing a plaid skirt and painting yourself blue as you swing the blades into the woods.:D

The moose-antlered knife is among the loveliest I've ever seen. I admired N2S's ?tiger tooth? when he posted it. You should be very proud.

Thanks for posting pics of your new knives Dan. I have never been to this neck of the woods in the forums, didn't even know you guys were all here! I like your video footage, and it's nice to see someone actually using their collection. Nothing could have prepared me for actually seeing you though!:D Just joking.

Good job on the antler handled knife, looks very well done. And Sharp! Anyhow, keep up the good work and "testing."

Clint

chisanknives@shaw.ca

Originally posted by pendentive ...... I'd like to get some stone or coral pieces to work into it, but those haven't panned out yet. .........That said, does anybody have any suggestions?
You know;
A good size gob of 'Water Putty' might do the trick.
Squeeze it around the handle for an instant 'grip' style.
Few coats of Bondini after a little 60 grit sanding.
Add some glitter from the craft shop, or some wood stain to get a darker color.
You could be finished in just a couple of hours of hands on.

Dan this is the only H.I.Bowie that I think surpasses all of the others, even yours. I wish I had of designed it like the rework on this blade that Satoishi-san owns.....found here, but that wasn't what everyone here had in mind. Que Sara, Sara(?):rolleyes: :( ;)

This has to be one of the most beautiful H.I.Bowies in existence!!!!:D

06.jpg

Finally got to see your week-end vid's.

They were even more funny....uh I mean informative than I expected.
I keep coming to this thread just to see the beautiful knives and to watch you knock over trees(25" AK)!:D

Thanks for sharing so much interesting stuff.

Shirley

yep, it turned out good. But it ain't all etched with feathers like mine is...

I'll hafta send some pix of that etch.

Keith

Yes, it's very nice.

To all = Last chance, btw, I'll be taking the videos down today or tomorrow.

Dan

A question about the paper cutting vid.

Did you cut straight down on the paper or did you use a drawing motion? My JKM will sorta slice a sheet if I pull the blade towards me when I cut. It won't cut as cleanly as the vid looks though. :(

How about a sharpening vid? :)

Bruise,

"Proper" paper cutting technique has no "draw" to it. It's supposed to be a push cut (not to be confused with a thrust cut) which means you swipe at the paper straight down - no draw, no thrust. If it catches at all or leaves a fuzzy cut, then you don't have it sharp enough.

Re: Sharpening Vid

Just for you Bruise, I'll do one. :D

Just specify the method and the edge desired.

Dan

Or how about this? Send me your JKM and I'll make a video of sharpening it. (can throw in a convex edge as well, if you like)

I just got the ww2 with the stepped on karda from Uncle Bill... What if I got that sent to you fer some sharpenin?

thanks for the offer. :)

Originally posted by pendentive
Bruise,

"Proper" paper cutting technique has no "draw" to it. It's supposed to be a push cut (not to be confused with a thrust cut) which means you swipe at the paper straight down - no draw, no thrust. If it catches at all or leaves a fuzzy cut, then you don't have it sharp enough.

I don't have it sharp enough.:(

I'm beginning to doubt whether I even have the right tools for the sharpening job. I do definitely have the right tools to scratch magic stone finish, though.

Prolly too late now. How about when them fancy "new models" come in I get Uncle Bill to send mine to you?

Bruise - my apologies - "out to lunch" as usual...:rolleyes: (and in more ways than one...:eek: )

Either way is fine with me as long as it's ok with you. ;)

Still have my address?

Dan

I agree. A good sharpening video would be very useful. Problem is, the only videos out there are associated with specific products, ie. Sharpmaker, RazorEdge, etc.

I have the resources to make an "el-cheapo" home video - but couldn't possibly charge money for such a production.

Here's what I had in mind:

2 videos - downloadable or emailable (for the PC)

Video 1 - how to put on a convex edge.

Video 2 - sharpening a khukuri
- part a - with paper on a leather-covered dowel
- part b - with a power tool

Whatchy'all think?

Dan

:)

Me is interested. How long does it take to put on a convex edge with the sander? Didn't you say it took 14 days at 7 hours per day? I'm writing by memory mind you.
:rolleyes:

<-------I'm telling you, you could make this look work for you in your videos.

Back