Oh, I get it now.

I just received my first HI product, a CAK I bought during the inventory reduction sale on 12/29. I now understand what everyone has been talking about, this thing is a beast. Excellent fit and finish but with just enough character to remind you it was made with old world techniques and skill. It will not be my last purchase from HI.

I just need that YCS to go on sale.

1326081206.jpg

Last edited:
Also, we want pics! Welcome to the HI family :) Just remember, it's an addiction; you seem to know that you're going to end up with more, so that's good. The hunt for the perfect HI may never end. I thought I'd found my grail when I got my ultimate fighter, but then I got a DOTD chitlangi, and it's really grown on me. Now I'm more interested in the rarer stuff though, such as the swords and such.

I don't believe there is an absolute perfect khukuri. You'll always see another sooner or later that you gotta have. I told myself that after I get the AK bowie I ordered, I will be done. Is it bad to lie to myself knowingly? I don't think I'll ever stop drooling over these blades. Plus one of the best things about Himalayan Imports is the community that comes along with it. In an internet full of sick, twisted, strange, cheap, poor quality people, the Himalayan Imports community shines like a lighthouse to a lost sailor at sea. Something refreshingly comforting about the people here.

I don't believe there is an absolute perfect khukuri. You'll always see another sooner or later that you gotta have. I told myself that after I get the AK bowie I ordered, I will be done. Is it bad to lie to myself knowingly? I don't think I'll ever stop drooling over these blades. Plus one of the best things about Himalayan Imports is the community that comes along with it. In an internet full of sick, twisted, strange, cheap, poor quality people, the Himalayan Imports community shines like a lighthouse to a lost sailor at sea. Something refreshingly comforting about the people here.

It never stops...never. I will have been battling HIKV for TEN YEARS this coming May. I have many, many good pieces. "The one" I have not found. For that, I am glad:D

Great pix and post, thank you for sharing

That handle is very similar to the one I have from Sher Tiger. An awesome piece.

Ahh, I see the Virus has claimed another. Welcome to our disease Dirtbiker. Be safe and enjoy.

Rick

Back