Oh, It's Black My Friends!!!!. . . Burnt Bacon Black!!!!. . . . Carpe INFI ! ! ! ! . . .

100% agreed. Would be a wonderful thing, indeed. Been a while since I brushed up on the rules of the forum. Would it be acceptable to post something in our signature? Something such as “Will trade TGLB for other Busse Kin”? I know I’ve seen others post knives they’re looking for, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a trade notice.

Disclaimer : not intending/recommending anyone break the rules. Just looking for some clarification.

Edit for off topic : Give is the details, Jerry! Sitting here with my freshly balanced checkbook, patiently (anxiously) waiting to unbalance it.
I believe that is ok to do. I think I even put one about wanting a BG Boss Jack in my sig a few years ago, but on my phone (where I do 100% of my internetting) the signatures dont even show.

My favorite thing in all of Bussedom. They set a price for the grab bags and guarantee that the contents will be worth substantially more than your investment, BUT you dont know what you are going to get. So naturally, many will get colors or whatever that they aren't into....then the Busse buy/sell forum becomes like a bunch of ecstatic children trading the baseball cards that they got for Christmas. It's glorious.

clampdaddy, thank you as well, Sir, for the insights offered here. Oh, it is truly terrible, terrible timing financially, but sounds like so very much fun! What to do, what to do . . . .

I have a TGULB I'm awaiting a ding on and a crapload of Christmas shopping I need to do, but I'm really toying with the idea of a grab bag. Think the BF will mind if he only gets a card from me for Christmas?
Just a card!? I’m pretty sure there’s something else you can give him that would..... satisfy him. ;) And if you feel the need to give him an actual gift, why not your least favorite (yeah, right) score from the grab bags?

Last edited:
I have a TGULB I'm awaiting a ding on and a crapload of Christmas shopping I need to do, but I'm really toying with the idea of a grab bag. Think the BF will mind if he only gets a card from me for Christmas?

I was going to say something slightly inappropriate, and full of innuendo...but ScoMa beat me to it.

Tie a bow to yourself!

If I had this problem... I wouldn't have problems with my wife hating what I wanted to spend money on.

I saw the low hanging fruit jokes were already made, but have to add another one... You could give him something besides a card that opens up.

If I had this problem... I wouldn't have problems with my wife hating what I wanted to spend money on.

I saw the low hanging fruit jokes were already made, but have to add another one... You could give him something besides a card that opens up.

Oh, he gets that every time we're together, so it isn't really that special. :D I'm leaning towards a card, a variety of homemade Christmas cookies, and a few jars of salsa and venison that were canned this fall.:)

Oh, he gets that every time we're together, so it isn't really that special. :D I'm leaning towards a card, a variety of homemade Christmas cookies, and a few jars of salsa and venison that were canned this fall.:)
That sounds awesome!!!

Back