Ok, here I am!

Hi everyone.
I finally made it through the door!
I’ve known about BF for a while now. Quite often, when I’ve been researching my latest find, one of the links brings me straight here. I figured it was about time to hang up my hat and check in properly.
I’ve been haunting another forum, also as zoogirl, so perhaps I’ll run into some familiar faces - or knives!
I mainly collect Richards, the old Sheffield lamppost brand. I do like the variety they offer and the fact that I can often find them at five bucks or less ;).
My other interests are watchfob or gentleman's knives and smallish fixed blades. Almost all of my knives would fall into the Traditional category. The older, the better!
I haven’t been actually collecting all that long. My fascination with knives is lifelong though. I still need to work on terminology. There’s so much to learn! I’m hoping you folks will bear with me while I play catch-up.
Well, there’s a start! See you all on the forums!

You also need to drop into the traditionals forum. Many will share your passion there.

G'day
You'll find lots of good thing here to keep you interested.
Mitch

Welcome Zoogirl. I feel sure you'll be welcomed in the traditional forum, here too. :D

Thank you! Yes, this looks like a great place.
I’m still figuring out how pics work on here. It’s not at all as I’m used to. I’ll be back!

Hi everyone.
I finally made it through the door!
I’ve known about BF for a while now. Quite often, when I’ve been researching my latest find, one of the links brings me straight here. I figured it was about time to hang up my hat and check in properly.
I’ve been haunting another forum, also as zoogirl, so perhaps I’ll run into some familiar faces - or knives!
I mainly collect Richards, the old Sheffield lamppost brand. I do like the variety they offer and the fact that I can often find them at five bucks or less ;).
My other interests are watchfob or gentleman's knives and smallish fixed blades. Almost all of my knives would fall into the Traditional category. The older, the better!
I haven’t been actually collecting all that long. My fascination with knives is lifelong though. I still need to work on terminology. There’s so much to learn! I’m hoping you folks will bear with me while I play catch-up.
Well, there’s a start! See you all on the forums!

Welcome, Ann. I recognize you from another forum. Glad to have you with us!

I also think you would enjoy the Traditionals forum.
https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/traditional-folders-and-fixed-blades.773/

And if you like old knives, this thread will keep you busy for awhile:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/old-knives.527126/

Enjoy the forums. Lots of stuff going on here. Looking forward to your presence here.

Last edited:
Well! Thanks to a very nice act of kindness, I’m now a Basic Member! I guess I better get busy!
I’m off to the day right now but I’ll drop in later, figure out the picture thing, and probably see you all around the Forums.
This is gonna be fun!

Back