1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Allan DeGroot, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
    OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list?

Any type is OK it's you that has to own it, use it and most importantly PAY for it and live with it...

But what knife do you really wish you owned and DO NOT and is "The next on your personal shopping list"?

I'll start it off my knife at the top of my wish list is one of TWO I can't decide, and as I have until the first of the month to make up my mind ...

One of the top two in my mind is an ESSE #4, the other is a Chris Reeve folder...

Not exactly going with a theme here, they are just the first two that come to mind
    The Esse #4 is all about brutal ruggedness, the Reeve folder is about simple elegance

But what is your hearts desire in knives?

2. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Look at my signature line. If you've got one of them for sale NIB or LNIB, PM me and let's talk!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    slyraven likes this.
  3. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I'd love a vintage coke bottle with a long swedge Sabre clip blade, in stag or a nice Rogers jigged bone.
    In mediocre condition examples of any make seem to command more on the Bay than I'm willing to pay for a knife I can't handle, but my eyes are peeled for that once In a life time deal.

If there was somewhere to find one in person I may be willing to pay what they fetch.

4. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Existing: Rockstead Higo II in polished Ti and ZDP-189

[​IMG]
    (Bottom one)

Non-Existing: Klotzli Swiss Border Guard w/ 10v blade at ~62hrc

[​IMG]

The model exists of course, but not in that steel. I doubt they'd run it that hard even if they used 10v. :(

Lee D, ridnovir and Mo2 like this.
  5. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    This could likely be commissioned from a custom maker for a reasonable amount.

6. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Sebenza 31. That really just is my wishlist at the moment.

Well, and maybe the right Southard Mini Tolk.

Salival, SeppukuSamurai and Therom like this.
  7. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    The large Sebenza 21 and an Hinderer XM-18 3.5 with a 20cv/M390 spanto blade (if it come to be released) are on the top of my wish list

I also have in view a small Inkosi insingo with natural micarta inlays, an Impinda and a Benchmade proper

Not sure I will have the founds to get them all this year...

halden.doerge likes this.
  8. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
    Well, I SAID "a Reeve folder", but the likelihood that I will EVER have enough free cash to buy one, Because honestly I could easily buy TWO of anything in the Esse catalog and have enough left over to seriously consider a third....

But as a wise man once said if you are going to dream, why dream of flying in Coach? Or for that matter even flying commercial?

Or further as Barack is quoted as saying: "The AMERICAN dream is TO BE Donald Trump" (I.E. a Billionaire flying around in his own Boeing 767 and Married to a supermodel)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  9. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Hinderer XM-18 3,5. Not too bothered about the bladeshape.

KVT and Therom like this.
  10. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    Right now, spydiechef

Therom likes this.
  11. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    CPK Dek1 for fixed
    Hinderer firetac for folder

12. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    I walked past a Bauchop Warlock at the Knives UK show a few years ago, then thought I'll go back and get that... we all know how that ended. While there's nothing immediate on the list I wouldn't let that scenario happen a second time.

13. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    image.jpeg Case Green Jigged Lizard Skin Bone Trapper circa 1998

3fifty7 and slyraven like this.
  14. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    The Livri and Libar, by Fox Knives.

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's a straight screen grab from their IG feed. It's also the only still picture on the Internet....

15. BITEME

BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Benchmade 550 m4 with black g10 scales ,red spacers- I can order it now but ,kind of holding back on big buys lately .

16. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    A production ZT 0777 that costs less than $250 and is dimensionally equivalent to the limited releases.

Other than that pipe dream, I’m considering the Hogue-Ritter RSK - but it’s low priority, as I already have a half-dozen practical and high-quality EDC knives.

17. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Have my plain with double silver studs preordered direct in the queue already. Other than that it would be a Shiro or Holt.

SeppukuSamurai and TenShun705 like this.
  18. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    Arius
    Rainmaker
    And now a shiro

My tastes are getting too expensive

19. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Anything by David Sharp

[​IMG]

DCFree, jfk1110, TenShun705 and 3 others like this.
  20. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    At the moment, the only obtainable knife on my wish list is the White River Small Game knife that I handled at Blade and liked a lot. Like most fixed blades, I need it like a hole in the head, but that won't stop me. I keep thinking about another GEC also....need to visit KSF and take a look before the current ones sell out if they haven't already. But things have slowed down with GEC's in general in terms of inventory and sales or that is my impression.