OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

IT was NOT even remotely a political quote! it was only a funny quote by people who HAPPEN to be political figures, made YEARS before either was of political significant! the quote IIRC dates to 2004. So UNWAD your panties and move on...

Nor was the joke political in nature... GET OVER YOURSELF!....

Please note that we have been asked repeatedly to limit our discussions to the topic at hand rather than each other.

Feel free to do with my advice what you wish, and enjoy your experience at BF. :thumbsup:

Why? is it a rare and discontinued model?

It is a design that has an elegant simplicity to it, plus it looks like it would be a breeze to sharpen on a bench stone.

It actually never made it into production. I’m not really sure what happened to it. Though, hopefully someday that’ll get remedied.

Please note that we have been asked repeatedly to limit our discussions to the topic at hand rather than each other.

Feel free to do with my advice what you wish, and enjoy your experience at BF. :thumbsup:

How about we START by you practicing what you preach?

I think all you guys are a bad influence, since joining this forum I have bought three knives including a Smatchet and if my best revenge against you all is making you fat and stink of garlic, so be it...

Besides Garlic is supposedly good for you...

I thought it was a funny quote, but quoting with attribution is just plain wrong, so smooth your ruffled feathers and get over it, If I ever quote Peter Paul Rubens, I'll do so correctly. if you expect differently change your expectations.

Third on my list is probably a SheepDog... and as a side note I will probably own one YEARS before I can get a Reeve folder and be able to give Ruike Beta folders as gifts to my three nephews...

What knives did you just buy? You mentioned a smatchet. Unless it's just the smatchet shaped machete from Cold Steel, which isn't really a smatchet, they tend to be near the CRK price point.

We've still not seen any photos of the many production and custom knives you claim to own...

@Hengelo_77 made this knife for me this year. It's a 4-inch/93mm parer with full flat grind. I like it so much I commissioned another from him, but this time with a 6 3/8-inch/165mm blade. Same or similar details. Niolox and olive wood. Bart's work is stellar.

I think I have all the production knives I need. Or want. (Maybe.;))

oczCa0N.jpg
I want this one. :thumbsup: :cool:

What knives did you just buy? You mentioned a smatchet. Unless it's just the smatchet shaped machete from Cold Steel, which isn't really a smatchet, they tend to be near the CRK price point.

We've still not seen any photos of the many production and custom knives you claim to own...

The only Digital cameral I own is my phone, a tracfone prepaid android phone.
and for some reason my phone and computer stopped talking to each other, so while
I can take pictures getting them to where I can post them Is difficult.

I wouldn't call any knife save one, a custom knife and I made that one myself, but most knifes people post pictures of are manufactured knives rather than "customs" so it seems the definition of "Custom" is flexible.

I see CRKT is mid-level Chinese made stuff sold in mail order catalogs
Face it, a knife Benchmade or Spiderco is a manufactured knife ever bit as much as a Buck or Kershaw you'd buy from Walmart or Tractor Supply.

My most prized collectable knife is a sharpened Bayonette (An M4 made by Utica) carried through WW2 in the specific by a relative, the M3 Commando knife sheath the carried it in (because it was quieter on patrol) fell apart from rot but I put it in a repro (the repro by Camillius) sheath. I also have his 1943 (Vollrath made) canteen but the canteen cover and web belt also fell apart. The blade is in good shape, but the years (70-odd) have not been kind.
I seriously considered rebuilding the handle, but the m4 bayonette I bought to serve as a parts donor (sight unseen)turned out to be a rarer variant in unissued condition marked as made by Kabar, and is stamped with both the Eagle Globe & anchor of the Marine Corps, as well as the flaming bomb of the US army of the Ordinance Corps. So my attempt at a getting a parts donor acquired a winning lottery ticket of collectability

But in general all my other "collectable" knifes were all lost in a Burglary 30 years ago, since then most of my knives have been USERS rather than collection pieces.

And yes, the "Smatchet" I bought is a Cold Steel Machete, it looked like the right tool to hack at the "jungle" of Forsythia that is blocking access to my front door. it grows like the most annoying of weeds

And an original Smatchet or one of the modern reproductions are way too rich for my budget, I'm on a fixed income and I am not an internet millionaire or a retired brain surgeon, I probable spent more on my last truck than a "good" Smatchet would cost.

Last edited:
If I cannot ask questions in a topic I start then tell me how I can delete the topic and all traces of my presence here, so I can sincerely to tell you to fornicate yourself and take my leave?

I thought this was a community of knife lovers, but I'm not seeing the love....

If I cannot ask questions in a topic I start then tell me how I can delete the topic and all traces of my presence here, so I can sincerely to tell you to fornicate yourself and take my leave?

I thought this was a community of knife lovers, but I'm not seeing the love....
Who said you couldn't ask questions ?

I'm getting really tired of the crap some are dishing out

In what world of your fantasy would anyone believe that ANYONE would FALSELY claim to own knives that can be bought at tractor supply for $15 each (the two Kershaw speed-safes I daily carry)?

Do any of the forum assholes (not saying or implying that you are all assholes, but can anyone credibly deny that some of you are?) believe I'm also lying about owing a Zippo Lighter or an LED Mag-light? and keeping them in my pockets?

I've decided to FIGHT rather than surrender meekly what is the worst that can happen from you keyboard warriors?

Last edited:
I'm getting really tired of the crap some are dishing out

In what world of your fantasy would anyone believe that ANYONE would FALSELY claim to own knives that can be bought at tractor supply for $15 each (the two Kershaw speed-safes I daily carry)?

Do any of the forum assholes (not saying or implying that you are all assholes, but can anyone credibly deny that some of you are?) believe I'm also lying about owing a Zippo Lighter or an LED Mag-light? and keeping them in my pockets?

I've decided to FIGHT rather than surrender meekly what is the worst that can happen from you keyboard warriors?

Is this just at your local location? You sure they didn't misprint the label or something? (shady customers can also do it haha i've seen it at other retailers)

Because if that's true I should buy some for stocking stuffers. Pretty much all their models are worth double that.

edit - no nm i see some up on amazon for 20....Very believable

Who said you couldn't ask questions ?

What else might " Topic, Topic, Topic" mean, EXPLAIN.

If someone complains about an amusing anecdotal quote because he doesn't like who is from or about?
Will a serious moderator decision involve any discussion where I can defend what I've said or does the action happen automatically and arbitrarily?

The Quote about everyone wanting to BE Donald Trump is not political, nor was it intended to be, I'm sure there are members here who want to be Brad Pitt or Chuck Norris (perhaps some are delusional enough to think they are?)

"don't dream in coach!" Personally I don't believe anyone dreams of owning a Yugo rather than a Ferrari

But anyone who sees a political comment above is unbalanced enough without my commentary

Ours. Happens all the time. Random weekly doofus claims to own or have owned every knife under the sun, be the best maker you've never heard of, have 18 black belts and have made an uber l33t custom fixed blade out of damascus saw blades that were hard to cut, even for a water jet.

Oh, let's not forget that they've banged all the hot girls... from other schools though. We wouldn't know them.

If someone complains about an amusing anecdotal quote because he doesn't like who is from or about?
Will a serious moderator decision involve any discussion where I can defend what I've said or does the action happen automatically and arbitrarily?

The Quote about everyone wanting to BE Donald Trump is not political, nor was it intended to be, I'm sure there are members here who want to be Brad Pitt or Chuck Norris (perhaps some are delusional enough to think they are?)

"don't dream in coach!" Personally I don't believe anyone dreams of owning a Yugo rather than a Ferrari

But anyone who sees a political comment above is unbalanced enough without my commentary

Are you calling me unbalanced??? :eek:

Anyway...a nice Tom Mayo TNT would be great!

It means "Ignore M marcinek ". :p:D

Back