OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

Imagine spending over 50 bucks for this atrocity
89ar.jpg

Humor is more effective if people recognize it as Humor and I thought if I made it sufficiently "over the top" it would not be misunderstood.

NOPE!

It makes me wonder how well sarchasm would work...

Don't you understand "Facesious humor" Dogwood is the traditional wood to make "VAMPIRE STAKES"
out of...

That $1250 folder should be delivered in a Rhodium carriage and Whale oil should be used for cutting fluid and it should be stroped only on angel thighs....

I could care less about workmanship, $1250 sounds like over the top humor

Want more? How about a solid Platinum Dodge Dart?

I think you're confusing "facetious" with "bad".

I don't know ScooterG ScooterG well, but I can assure you the joke didn't clear that noggin of his. I've seen a fair bit of actually facetious humor from him.

Yep. Fetish.

I concur.

Humor is more effective if people recognize it as Humor and I thought if I made it sufficiently "over the top" it would not be misunderstood.

NOPE!

It makes me wonder how well sarchasm would work...

Works well when done well.

Big whoop, you want a cookie? I swear, everyone thinks they're special these days. So what you had cancer, I had to take a 2 minute detour today because of a fatal wreck. We all gots troubles.

Well, since it's a "wish list" and not an "already on order list"....may as well dream bigish. :D

Would really love to have ZT's 0777 & 0999.

Never heard of this until now. Thanks.

Always happy to enable other people!

I got bored with modern locking knives, and instead of doing the sensible thing and trying to save some money, I got into "modern traditionals", instead. Since I've already got most of the search algorithms trained to my tastes, new stuff shows up pretty often, for me.

Last year about Easter time they had a BIG "Sale" bin near the front of the store, one of the items
that had in that 16foot long compartmented bin was a Kershaw Freefall 3840x in several trips I bought a total of FIVE of them for $14.95 each ( I have subsequently lost one and given one away, but I have the two in my pockets and one still sealed in the package)
on a recent stop at another Tractor supply I found a Gerber Paraframe clip point for $10.95, but they only had one. If they had more of them I would have emptied the bin and bought them all.

Before Christmas 2018 Walmart had a two pack of Kershaw knives for $17 or so, I grabbed the last one
The knives were marked 1338WM on the package, One was a liner lock with plastic scales, the other a frame lock with A "scale"(more of a spring cover) that subsequently fell apart in my pocket (the screws fell out and the knife Popped apart from spring pressure and the "stop pin" and Teflon washers were lost.

You know if you stopped buying the cheap knives for a bit, you could save up and buy a used CRK at a good price.

Their Hanhook fixed blades are outstanding. The ergonomics are better than anything else I have handled. They sport full, seamless, hand-filling wraparound Micarta.

This is from the NY Knife Show last fall.

Pz8e9lS.jpg
Enabler!

Back