O'Katz Handmade Parang Lading

.. What do you think if I asked O'Katz to put a small guard just after the handle to avoid accidental slipping onto edge? ..
Hi Kenny, IMVHO this sort of flared out choil suit your requirement on the Parang Lading!
So that it won't change much the flow of the blade.

OKatzSODIDK-1BalauHandle0122_zpsfa5dc29b.jpg

mohd

Ya. I'm in the midst of getting one from uncle O'Katz. I really want one after reading this thread.

And here is the picture of the Parang Lading now owned by Anthony Ooi of Kedah, Malaysia :thumbup:
His is the # 4 in the batch.

10516621_10203232509706950_2106801690159973803_n.jpg

Notice the difference?
Yup, it doesn't has a lanyard hole so O'Katz just simply fixed the handle scales with 3 pins.

mohd

Received my kydex sheath made by a friend few days back :)

I ask the maker to make a drainage hole at the bottom of the insert. errrk Nepki you noticed something familiar? I use the skeletool I bought from you to fasten the Tek Lok hahaha :D

Received my kydex sheath made by a friend few days back :)

I ask the maker to make a drainage hole at the bottom of the insert. errrk Nepki you noticed something familiar? I use the skeletool I bought from you to fasten the Tek Lok hahaha :D

My oh my, what a beautiful setup Harun! Nadir truly makes a solid and beautiful sheath! Very nice!

The Skeletool is awesome! May it serve you well my friend! :)

all i got to say that it's a real delight reading your post, Pak Mohd.. :)
You and Uncle O'katz really did a great job coming up with this parang.. :thumbup:

how could I get Mr O'Katz to make one of these for me?
I finally came around to getting my Lading, man that was quite a wait but worth it! Yes I agree Pak Mohd, this Lading is a keeper for sure!

Some pictures:

2 Different holding positions:

I also got the opportunity to score a sweet Parang Candong/Candung at the same time:

In the hand:

Side by side with a Traditional Candong:

Just for fun I decided to put a side by side pic of O'Katz Barong Semenanjung alongside a North Borneo(Sabah) Barong: :)

Now on to the review in the next post...

Back