Old Friends Friday

Jack Black

Seize the Lambsfoot! Seize the Day!
Platinum Member
I often feel guilty when I realise I haven’t carried a much-loved, and perhaps once regularly pocketed, knife for a while. My Radio Jack had a lot to answer for in that regard, but as new knives come along, it’s inevitable that we rotate our EDC. Short of adding more pockets, I’m not sure what the answer is, but I thought that today I’d pull out a much-loved old friend, and take it out with me for the day. I chose my GEC 66 Serpentine Jack in Green Valley jigged bone. I love this knife, but I think I’ve carried it only once since last summer. It’s with me today though, and I wondered if anyone else fancied joining me in carrying an old friend?

Jack

Thanks Paul, great pic my friend :thumbup:

I started doing a similar thing a while back, dubbing it "Rare Carry Friday", where I dig out and carry a knife that has been neglected. But I like your name for it much better! Today I'm going to carry this old Camco that is overdue - truly an Old Friend. Thanks for the reminder!

Great idea for a Friday theme Jack! I'll have to enjoy from afar as I'm back in the woods today, my carries determined yesterday morning.

You have inspired me to pull my Case Mini Trapper out of the desk and carry it today:

LqccGC.jpg

I really got lucky with this one - fit and finish are near perfect and both blades are centered.

Eric

Great stuff fellers, thanks a lot for joining me, and those are all lovely knives :thumbup:

I started doing a similar thing a while back, dubbing it "Rare Carry Friday", where I dig out and carry a knife that has been neglected. But I like your name for it much better! Today I'm going to carry this old Camco that is overdue - truly an Old Friend. Thanks for the reminder!

That's cool Zuchus, good idea, and thanks :)

Great idea for a Friday theme Jack! I'll have to enjoy from afar as I'm back in the woods today, my carries determined yesterday morning.

Have a great day pal :thumbup:

Thanks Jack, great thought. I never carry this old HJ,but why not :D

Thanks Robin. Wow, that is a beauty :thumbup:

This was my EDC back when I only had a few knives, 5-6 years ago. It has probably been carried more days than any knife I own, but not much recently. Good idea, Jack, and in the pocket it goes.

Q06Lmark.jpg~original

Really nice knife Jeff. I don't know what it is but I really like those swell end jacks. They just seem to fit so comfortably in the hand. And, when they look that good you just can't go wrong.

Fun idea Jack. I was up early today and had a chance to log on and see your post and give my carry today some thought and ended up pocketing this Heritage Jack that hasn't been carried much lately. Smooth pull, spearpoint, nice patina, and ebony scales - this one ticks a lot of my check boxes and used to get carried more often. Happy to have it back in my pocket today. It's good to be amongst friends - both old and new! :)

image.jpg1_zpsi5s4inz5.jpg

This was my EDC back when I only had a few knives, 5-6 years ago. It has probably been carried more days than any knife I own, but not much recently. Good idea, Jack, and in the pocket it goes.

Q06Lmark.jpg~original

Wow! Ya gotta be happy gettin reacquainted. NICE! :D

I was carrying this texas jack everyday for the last year or so before I picked up a schrade I modified, decided to switch back to the Texas jack this morning on a whim. I consider this good timing :)

Fun idea Jack. I was up early today and had a chance to log on and see your post and give my carry today some thought and ended up pocketing this Heritage Jack that hasn't been carried much lately. Smooth pull, spearpoint, nice patina, and ebony scales - this one ticks a lot of my check boxes and used to get carried more often. Happy to have it back in my pocket today. It's good to be amongst friends - both old and new! :)

image.jpg1_zpsi5s4inz5.jpg

Excellent Stephen, that's definitely on my list of knives I need to carry more :) Have a great weekend my friend :thumbup:

I was carrying this texas jack everyday for the last year or so before I picked up a schrade I modified, decided to switch back to the Texas jack this morning on a whim. I consider this good timing :)

Good stuff! :) The GEC 66 I'm carrying today kind of kicked my Texas Jack out of my pocket, but it's a knife I'm looking forward to carrying again :thumbup:

Great idea Jack. Here's one that doesn't get used near enough. In keeping with the spirit of your thread I'm going to carry it today.

- Christian

Thanks Christian, that's a lovely Barlow :thumbup:

Back