Old Friends Friday

YGaewib.jpg

Thanks, Jack, I have a few of em. :)

When I first started posting here the friction folders of Michael Morris (who also makes file knives) were quite popular, but we never seem to see them now :( :thumbsup:

When I first started posting here the friction folders of Michael Morris (who also makes file knives) were quite popular, but we never seem to see them now :( :thumbsup:
That's a shame, Jack, there was a time when I started in collecting knives, Anza made a special one for me which I gave to my Son. They decided it was a good model so they started making them for a season and sold a few.

That's a shame, Jack, there was a time when I started in collecting knives, Anza made a special one for me which I gave to my Son. They decided it was a good model so they started making them for a season and sold a few.

That's cool Dave :) :thumbsup:

Talk about Old Friends... one of those guys looks absolutely "Ancient" ;). Nice pic Dwight!
Thanks James. :D

Not only an old friend but fairly well traveled... England, Australia and USA (at least)

Reknown
E8swS7w.jpg

Thanks @meako, love this knife. The pen blade is working well, finally.:thumbsup:
Gorgeous lamb. I can't make out the tang stamp. Renown?

Such a great-looking knife :) What was he thinking of?! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, in Meako's defense it did not look quite like it does now. When it was offered in a quick GAW, R8shell had already dubbed it "Sneezy". It had such a sickly color I wondered if a knife could contract the flu. :D Before handling it I first disinfected it... just in case!:D;) Then I burnt, sanded and stained the bone repeatedly while removing gunk and rust from the metal parts, until it looked as it does today. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to attempt a rescue of the poor thing and thrilled that it turned out as it did. Honestly it could have gone either way.

Gorgeous lamb. I can't make out the tang stamp. Renown?
Thanks Dwight. Yes, "Renown". Please ignore the previous typo.
There is a symbol that is worn I can only describe as a
winged snake (???) over
-RENOWN- over
Sheffield
It has hammered pins, excellent walk and talk and a solid build. I'm happy to have been allowed to be it's caretaker for the last few years.

Last edited:
Back