Old Friends Friday

Some great knives being shown in this thread, but I think that a few folks might be missing the point of Old Friends Friday, it's to carry an old friend you haven't pocketed in a while, not just to show off your knives :rolleyes:

I haven't carried this one in a couple of months, in my pocket today :) :thumbsup:

8wolU4r.jpg

I am catching up with all my old friends!! Excuse me for putting most of my rotation out, but spending months not having a knife with me in the hospitals has me wasting no time in renewing old friendships (and making a few new ones not posted here!!!)!!!
Old friends 1.jpg
I hope this follows the principle of renewing old friendships!!!

These are two old friends that have been neglected for awhile. The SAK was carried many years and was pushed out of rotation by knives like Slimline Trapper, Mini Copperlock, Mini Trapper and a couple of others. The Yeller Nut was just pushed aside by other Nuts and a Buck Solo. I think they will stay in the rotation to see more love.
upload_2019-7-12_22-13-41.jpeg

I am catching up with all my old friends!! Excuse me for putting most of my rotation out, but spending months not having a knife with me in the hospitals has me wasting no time in renewing old friendships (and making a few new ones not posted here!!!)!!!
View attachment 1160405
I hope this follows the principle of renewing old friendships!!!

No knives!? :eek: It's too bad you didn't have a copy of Jack's new instructional manual with you.

Interesting knife, Jack. Looks like the main blade has the pull on the pile side, and the secondary blade has the pull on the mark side. Quite the opposite of the way they are normally seen. Very cool. :cool::thumbsup:

Well spotted John, it's a southpaw! :D Opposing nicks aren't traditional on Sheffield knives, but they were used on some British Army clasp knives, with the nick on the outside of the Sheepsfoot blade, and with a tin-opener in front :thumbsup:

I haven't carried either of these Old Friends for a while. The Unity is one of my favourite old Lambsfoot knives, and the Harrison Fisher Crown Penknife takes an equally great edge, with fantastic walk and talk in spite of its age. Nice to have them in my pockets again :thumbsup:

3FhTQJj.jpg

dHOn4gt.jpg

Back