Old Friends Friday

Jack Black Jack Black .....flippin' 'eck, Jack - this thread of yours makes the world spin faster - could swear the last Old Friends Friday was only a couple days ago :confused: ...... ;):D

This is my first Dunlap from some years ago - walk n talk to die for too

LOL! :D I know the feeling my friend :D That's a beautiful Dunlap :) :thumbsup:

Interesting reading, i love reading those old newspaper clippings and stories.:thumbsup:
Pulled this out to give it a touch up, and that is all it needs, it is sharp.

FgCMbY9.jpg

Me too mate :) Nice Maserin, don't think I've seen that model before :thumbsup:

A few days ago I was handling a knife and thought, "Here's an old friend for Friday". I can't remember which one it was.
This Boker USA has been around a while though. Somebody else replaced the shield on this one, I would guess with a thumb-tack head rather than my trademark roofing nail head.
pG4dCMz.jpg

Taylor Schrade 108OT my daughter gave me about five years ago to replace my worn out US 108OT. Haven’t carried it lately so I thought I’d give it some exercise on Old Friends Friday.
qtwcje9.jpg

Here is my old Queen Copperhead. I filed off the bump making it a copperhead pattern but it works ugh better for me. I have had this knife for close to 20 years making it an old friend indeed.
PYmGFB2.jpg

I don’t remember if this Boker Barlow was my first or if it was the case large stockman, when I got interested on traditional American and English patterns, but anyway it’s an old friend

722557-C9-DBB8-456-B-A224-0-A818-BD0-BF11.jpg

CAF3207-E-2-A7-E-4-CFF-8-A31-CFCE8-B8-DCF30.jpg

today it received an spa treatment
Cheers

Great Old Friends guys :) :thumbsup:

This #15 Boy's Knife, from GEC's first run, was a gift from a former member here, and a valued Old Friend I've not carried in a while :) :thumbsup:

rDF9vaY.jpg

aXfZ5M2.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Good morning Jack. That is a very nice Davison Sheepfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Your Random carry last Tuesday got me thinking about this Camco and it's been with me since. Solid knife with long pull spear and tip bolsters. The secondary is a screwdriver/caplifter I used last night opening pistachios. Really a good old friend. :)
XnegabO.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Good morning Jack. That is a very nice Davison Sheepfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Your Random carry last Tuesday got me thinking about this Camco and it's been with me since. Solid knife with long pull spear and tip bolsters. The secondary is a screwdriver/caplifter I used last night opening pistachios. Really a good old friend. :)
XnegabO.jpg

THanks a lot buddy :) It's great to see that little Camco again, a really nice little pattern. You've photographed it beautifully :) :thumbsup:

XnegabO.jpg
You've got a stash just for " Old Friends Friday '', haven't you?:rolleyes::D:thumbsup:;)

THanks a lot buddy :) It's great to see that little Camco again, a really nice little pattern. You've photographed it beautifully :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. Mostly I just point and shoot and sometimes I get lucky. :)

You've got a stash just for " Old Friends Friday '', haven't you?:rolleyes::D:thumbsup:;)
I do! I seem to carry the same ones over and over and have a "stash" that I don't get to very often. Getting one of those out is fun for me and this thread reminds me to do that at least once a week. :)

Have a great weekend my friends!

Thanks Jack. Mostly I just point and shoot and sometimes I get lucky. :)

I do! I seem to carry the same ones over and over and have a "stash" that I don't get to very often. Getting one of those out is fun for me and this thread reminds me to do that at least once a week. :)

Have a great weekend my friends!

You're very good at it! :D Hope you have a great weekend too :) :thumbsup:

Back