Old Friends Friday

Very nice Needham Jack! It reminded me of this wonderful cattle knife made by Pal between 1945-1953. A bit on the heavy side but extremely well built. Quality cutlery like this will certainly become a long term survivor in the future. For now it makes for a fine Old Friend.
iEMJk7J.jpg

edit; found a pic that shows all three blades
vPdHmlT.jpg

sparerow

Thank you, that's a wonderful-looking Cattle Knife :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I remember my Dad always having an old Marbles fixed blade but his was so beat up I remember he had hex head nut capping the handle instead of the original pommel :D When I first started "gathering" knives, I looked for a good original Marbles fixed blade to honor my Dad and I found this old Woodcraft in great shape :thumbsup: Happy Friday everyone! This is the way...

View attachment 1491204

Beautiful knife :) :thumbsup:

I remember my Dad always having an old Marbles fixed blade but his was so beat up I remember he had hex head nut capping the handle instead of the original pommel :D When I first started "gathering" knives, I looked for a good original Marbles fixed blade to honor my Dad and I found this old Woodcraft in great shape :thumbsup: Happy Friday everyone! This is the way...

View attachment 1491204

Gorgeous knife Kevin.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1491204
Kevin, you must be "One of those guys". :eek:o_O
You are clearly gifted at gathering knives! :D
Any vintage Marbles in good condition is cool to find, your Woodcraft is too cool! :cool::cool::cool:
Thanks for showing it, keep being "One of those guys". :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kevin, you must be "One of those guys". :eek:o_O
You are clearly gifted at gathering knives! :D
Any vintage Marbles in good condition is cool to find, your Woodcraft is too cool! :cool::cool::cool:
Thanks for showing it, keep being "One of those guys". :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks James :) I do put a lot of time into it because I'm not an overly wealthy fellow so the price definitely needs to be right LoL, otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay for my internet access ;) Here are all the Marble's knives I currently have... the Ideal is in really nice shape. The other woodcraft I have is older, it has a "Patent Pending" on the backside tang but a previous owner took the polisher/buffer to the blade and took the nostalgia away. :( Still a fairly rare one to find.

MARBLE.JPG

Thanks James :) I do put a lot of time into it because I'm not an overly wealthy fellow so the price definitely needs to be right LoL, otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay for my internet access ;) Here are all the Marble's knives I currently have... the Ideal is in really nice shape. The other woodcraft I have is older, it has a "Patent Pending" on the backside tang but a previous owner took the polisher/buffer to the blade and took the nostalgia away. :( Still a fairly rare one to find.

View attachment 1491523
Isn't the time spent searching (for the right knife at the right price) half the fun? Your Marbles collection shows it's been time well spent. Nice group!
Unfortunately polished blades are becoming all too common. :rolleyes: You're right though Kevin, a rare Woodcraft is always quite a find. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1491523

Kevin, those are some fine examples you have. I’d say a 34OT in the pocket would go well with any one of them on your belt.

00-C57535-D33-D-417-F-BE62-64-B781223255.jpg

Isn't the time spent searching (for the right knife at the right price) half the fun? Your Marbles collection shows it's been time well spent. Nice group!
Unfortunately polished blades are becoming all too common. :rolleyes: You're right though Kevin, a rare Woodcraft is always quite a find. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
The hard part with getting the vintage Marble's knives is convincing the seller that it's not worth the $500 they're asking for it :D Some folks think they're made of platinum LoL

Back