1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

"Old Knives"

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by VCM3, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    What a beauty Rob- just a STUNNING example in every way! Now THATS what I call Pick-Bone :eek: :eek:
    ( I would still class this as Pick-bone as much as it does get quite busy - Wow)

2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Charlie and Rob, fantastic knives with great jigging:cool::thumbsup:

rockman0 and waynorth like this.
  3. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Rob, Ron, Charlie, all very nice knives!:thumbsup:

Picked up a decent Case Bradford Sheepsfoot 3 3/4" coke bottle jack that dates from 1914 to 1920 if I am dating it right. It has a pattern number 6208 but that is for a later case Whittler so I would have to assume early Case knives used a different numbering system. It has a raised letter arrow shield and unusual bone, looks like it was saw cut before it was jigged,
    Knife is tight and snappy but has suffered from corrosion and some sandpaper abuse. I can find very little information on early Case knives and have not been able to find another example so if anyone has any information it would be appreciated. The last picture is of a later Clauss knife I have that is the same knife.

IMG_2828.jpeg IMG_2830.jpeg IMG_2839.jpeg IMG_2846.jpeg IMG_2833.jpeg IMG_2492.jpeg

Attached Files:

4. North Shore

North Shore Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Real nice bone on the Case bros and I like the shield reminds me of an old pennant or something

waynorth, TonySal and rockman0 like this.
  5. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Got some finds to share... Ward's stockman, Ulster stag jack and an Ulster congress :)

WARDS1.JPG
    WARDS1A.JPG
    WARDS1B.JPG
    USTAG1.JPG
    USTAG1A.JPG
    USTAG1B.JPG
    UCONG1.JPG
    UCONG1A.JPG
    UCONG1B.JPG

6. rockman0

rockman0 Basic Member Basic Member

May 5, 2013
    Appreciate the compliment Duncan, it is busy as you said, intricate pick bone if I may suggest :thumbsup:
    Thanks Paul, appreciate the compliment :thumbsup:
    Thanks Augie and that's a spectacular early Case:eek::thumbsup: especially with a sheepsfoot main:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    All very nice additions Kevin:thumbsup::thumbsup: Love that stag Ulster:thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. Luger1952

Luger1952 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Rob, here are some photos of the NYKC Congress. It is slightly larger than yours at 3 1/4 inches closed.

Wonderful and very attractive folders Augie and Kevin:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    F6DC5C7B-372D-4451-903B-90495B599F66.jpeg E45981E7-BAF3-4F42-B6B2-4CF3FEAC9946.jpeg B852D233-D3FF-4FF0-A6E9-B5C101C965E0.jpeg 0EAB9CC6-D5D1-4DD7-96E3-36EBACCFCB5C.jpeg

8. rockman0

May 5, 2013
    waynorth and TonySal like this.
  9. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    From Charles "Chuko" Lamb's collection. Photo by John Ferguson. [​IMG]

10. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Beautiful NYK Mike!

waynorth and Cutfinger like this.
  11. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    That's a beauty, Mike!

waynorth likes this.
  12. Mike Robuck

Oct 11, 2001
    Thanks guys. Charles had quite the collection of knives. I'm happy to get a few of them.

waynorth and Gevonovich like this.
  13. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Wonderful knives, I'm glad to see you found an Ulster congress:thumbsup: Even though I've posted it before hopefully nobody minds if I trot mine out for the recent congress show with you and @waynorth @rockman0 and @Luger1952 :D:thumbsup:

14. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Forgot the pics :rolleyes:

15. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Oh believe me, I thought of your congress when I got mine in LoL... That curved shield steps yours up a notch ;)

TonySal, waynorth, Cutfinger and 3 others like this.
  16. rockman0

May 5, 2013
    I don't think any of us get tired of seeing this one David:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    It's a beautiful example!

17. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Some real beauties fellas ! :thumbsup:

18. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Augie my friend- Both those Case built Knives are gorgeous! I hope you find more information about them, perhaps Steve could help? Real Nice Sheeps-foot Jacks :) :thumbsup:

Kev, three nice ones! I like that wards, thats a nice refreshing Knife, I wonder if Utica made that one as Well- quite possibly.

Those Ulsters!!! :eek: my friend that Teardrop Jack is a great Knife! Beautiful examples of Stag there- Phew! Real nice that one, that Half congress is nothing to sneeze at either - another very very nice Knife there! Well done!

Lloyd matey- Real nice and real early NYK Congress! we don't see too many of those lying around these days, so that's a nice treat to view that Knife- Thanks you for sharing my friend- it's always such a pleasure looking at your knives as you have such great taste.

Mike!!! When you have finished looking over My 4 bladed Senator- I would like you to send it on back to me please :D, What a great Knife!- everything about that Knife is simply great- and the Fact it was part of Charles's collection just gives that a nice tick as well!

Steve - My friend- that's a very nice Half Congress you have there, Kev is right the bar is a nice touch, usually I like such beautiful Bone ( with such immensely nice jigging ) to speak for itself, but that one works!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  19. Mike Robuck

Oct 11, 2001
    Thanks Duncan. It's in the mail...:)

20. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Email that is!!:D