"Old Knives"

Camillus Bone Jigging!!:eek: It's amazing how Camillus scaled the bone jigging on their fine pen knives to match the sizes!! They might have put more effort (note the rattail bolsters!) into these "gents" knives, than into their more utility models!! View attachment 1464238 View attachment 1464239 View attachment 1464240 View attachment 1464241
I can't stop enjoying the workmanship that shows up in these old things!!:D

Thanks for the compliment Lloyd:thumbsup: She's 3 inches closed. The pile side nail file mirrors the mark side sheepsfoot, appears to be an unused knife.
db3eAew.jpg
Charlie and Rob, fantastic knives with great jigging:cool::thumbsup:

Rob, Ron, Charlie, all very nice knives!:thumbsup:

Picked up a decent Case Bradford Sheepsfoot 3 3/4" coke bottle jack that dates from 1914 to 1920 if I am dating it right. It has a pattern number 6208 but that is for a later case Whittler so I would have to assume early Case knives used a different numbering system. It has a raised letter arrow shield and unusual bone, looks like it was saw cut before it was jigged,
Knife is tight and snappy but has suffered from corrosion and some sandpaper abuse. I can find very little information on early Case knives and have not been able to find another example so if anyone has any information it would be appreciated. The last picture is of a later Clauss knife I have that is the same knife.

IMG_2828.jpeg IMG_2830.jpeg IMG_2839.jpeg IMG_2846.jpeg IMG_2833.jpeg IMG_2492.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2
Appreciate the compliment Duncan, it is busy as you said, intricate pick bone if I may suggest :thumbsup:
What a beauty Rob- just a STUNNING example in every way! Now THATS what I call Pick-Bone :eek: :eek:
( I would still class this as Pick-bone as much as it does get quite busy - Wow)

Thanks Paul, appreciate the compliment :thumbsup:
Charlie and Rob, fantastic knives with great jigging:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Augie and that's a spectacular early Case:eek::thumbsup: especially with a sheepsfoot main:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Rob, Ron, Charlie, all very nice knives!:thumbsup:

Picked up a decent Case Bradford Sheepsfoot 3 3/4" coke bottle jack that dates from 1914 to 1920 if I am dating it right. It has a pattern number 6208 but that is for a later case Whittler so I would have to assume early Case knives used a different numbering system. It has a raised letter arrow shield and unusual bone, looks like it was saw cut before it was jigged,
Knife is tight and snappy but has suffered from corrosion and some sandpaper abuse. I can find very little information on early Case knives and have not been able to find another example so if anyone has any information it would be appreciated. The last picture is of a later Clauss knife I have that is the same knife.

View attachment 1465349 View attachment 1465350 View attachment 1465351 View attachment 1465352 View attachment 1465354 View attachment 1465357

All very nice additions Kevin:thumbsup::thumbsup: Love that stag Ulster:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wonderful knives, I'm glad to see you found an Ulster congress:thumbsup: Even though I've posted it before hopefully nobody minds if I trot mine out for the recent congress show with you and @waynorth rockman0 rockman0 and Luger1952 Luger1952 :D:thumbsup:

Augie my friend- Both those Case built Knives are gorgeous! I hope you find more information about them, perhaps Steve could help? Real Nice Sheeps-foot Jacks :) :thumbsup:

Kev, three nice ones! I like that wards, thats a nice refreshing Knife, I wonder if Utica made that one as Well- quite possibly.

Those Ulsters!!! :eek: my friend that Teardrop Jack is a great Knife! Beautiful examples of Stag there- Phew! Real nice that one, that Half congress is nothing to sneeze at either - another very very nice Knife there! Well done!

Lloyd matey- Real nice and real early NYK Congress! we don't see too many of those lying around these days, so that's a nice treat to view that Knife- Thanks you for sharing my friend- it's always such a pleasure looking at your knives as you have such great taste.

Mike!!! When you have finished looking over My 4 bladed Senator- I would like you to send it on back to me please :D, What a great Knife!- everything about that Knife is simply great- and the Fact it was part of Charles's collection just gives that a nice tick as well!

Steve - My friend- that's a very nice Half Congress you have there, Kev is right the bar is a nice touch, usually I like such beautiful Bone ( with such immensely nice jigging ) to speak for itself, but that one works!

Last edited:
Back