"Old Knives"

Kev, three nice ones! I like that wards, thats a nice refreshing Knife, I wonder if Utica made that one as Well- quite possibly
Thanks Duncan... I'm curious about the Ward's knife myself. All three blades have a "Stainless" stamp on the tangs. I was going to post the pile side but it was blurry... but here it is anyway o_O The bone definitely looks like Utica, I just don't recall seeing a lot of stainless blades from them. I did find more examples of Ward's knives with stainless blades though, they have a muskrat knife for sure in stainless.

WARDS1C.JPG

Here's another one of Chuko's 1/2 Congress. 3" closed with a pen secondary rather than a nail file. Pre hammer brand as well.
g4P4GgW.jpg

ZhPVHQ3.jpg

Very crisp pick bone on this tiny NYK half congress from @chuko , thanks Erik:thumbsup:
4gviXch.jpg

The bone becomes less busy with pocket wear.
yz5veNI.jpg

Rob, Those two are simply Darned Beautiful knives, I think...that although Pocket wear comes into that there is quite a variance in the Pic Bone styles- Oh that is such great viewing my friend!

Thanks Rachel!

After a little more side by side comparison I agree, I don't think pocket wear could make first knife look like the worn bone on the second knife, thanks for your input and compliment Duncan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rob, Those two are simply Darned Beautiful knives, I think...that although Pocket wear comes into that there is quite a variance in the Pic Bone styles- Oh that is such great viewing my friend!

Been a couple years since I've posted any old Schatt's on this thread. :rolleyes:
I will only post the ones over 100 yrs old, before S&M moved to Titusville. They shut their doors in 1928 so we still have another 7 yrs before the Pennsylvania knives are considered "antique" ;) After all the is the "OLD" knives thread! :p:)
This knife is the brother to the one posted back 360 pages or so ago....
IMG_2829.jpg
IMG_2830.jpg
IMG_2831.jpg

Dave

Been a couple years since I've posted any old Schatt's on this thread. :rolleyes:
I will only post the ones over 100 yrs old, before S&M moved to Titusville. They shut their doors in 1928 so we still have another 7 yrs before the Pennsylvania knives are considered "antique" ;) After all the is the "OLD" knives thread! :p:)
View attachment 1467678
View attachment 1467679
View attachment 1467680

Dave
View attachment 1467678
View attachment 1467679
View attachment 1467680

Dave
Antique and "grizzled", a beauty to my eyes, Dave!!
But I am torn between the knife, and the Beads & Claws!!:D
Nice setting/photo!!:thumbsup:

Here's one I just got back from a "glennbad" rework. I kept it hand due to the unusual selection of blades, but now it's worthy of carrying. Anybody know this maker?

Iaxy4HG.jpg

9fG8mYJ.jpg

It's a peasent knife. This pattern, with various blade arrays, was common in Switzerland and parts of Germany and France. Even Victorinox and Wenger made very similar ones with horn scales. That spike is a sewing needle for closing various sacks and such. I don't know the maker, I just googled the name and found Johannes Giesser, a German cutlery firm that still exists, although today they seem to make only butcher and kitchen knives. They claim to have a history since 1776. Perhaps interesting, they're located in Winnenden in Baden-Württemberg and not Solingen, like so many German cutleries.

Rob
You scored a stunner there- as our good friend Charlie says- those Pruners get in your Blood and can quickly become an expensive habit!

Dave matey
Wow- those two Jacks are superb in every way, I love these early S&M's you have, I was so so pleased to see you post an early Schatt HJ in one of the HJ Threads, but was a little personally disappointed as I purchased a Schatt HJ and that was going to be my gift to you when we bumped into each this year- Thanks to Covid that didn't happen, and the Punch on my HJ did have a bit of use compared to your gorgeous example!
Those shots are nice my friend.
Charlie I too picked up on the Bear Claw and Beads - Dave do you know much about this necklace at all?

Back