"Old Knives"

Augie Augie you have rounded up some real beauties here lately, I'm in love with the Millers Brothers sheepsfoot jack:eek::eek:

Here's a NYK Co English lockback jack that I've had for a couple of months. It was well used but still locks up tight with no side to side play. Makes a great folding steak knife:thumbsup:
WXCxWiG.jpg

TheChunk91 TheChunk91
Nice knife, Paul!! I have some similar plastic; not an exact match.
Do you know what years they used that material??

Nice, Paul, what's the length?

It’s 3 3/8”.

TheChunk91 TheChunk91
Nice knife, Paul!! I have some similar plastic; not an exact match.
Do you know what years they used that material??

I can’t recall when it was introduced but they stopped using it when delrin came along. I’ve seen it on schrade cuts but seems like it was a bit more commonly used on 1950’s schrade waldens.

Look at how clean the grinds are on those blades. Not many knives these days are like that.

That’s certainly true. Not to knock any of the fine factory made knives we have today but they just aren’t as good as the old factory blade grinds.

NYK Co lockback coke bottle. Charles Lamb collection.
TTEyui2.jpg
Thing go better with a coke bottle, especially one like that, Rob!!:thumbsup::D

It’s 3 3/8”.

I can’t recall when it was introduced but they stopped using it when delrin came along. I’ve seen it on schrade cuts but seems like it was a bit more commonly used on 1950’s schrade waldens.

That’s certainly true. Not to knock any of the fine factory made knives we have today but they just aren’t as good as the old factory blade grinds.
Thanks Paul!!:)

Nice Crucible, Les!!;)
K K33ncutter

I'm proud of it Mike, of the knives I've gotten from Erik it's a favorite most days, some days I lean towards different ones :)
I've lusted after that NYK Co. pattern for years Rob. Glad to see you scored one. :thumbsup:

I like crooked shields, adds character, I have a couple with crooked shields by different makers, when I look closely it appears intentional to have it fit the bone as flush as possible.
That's a pretty Crucible Les:thumbsup:
What do you all think about this knife I just picked up? (Other than the shield is on a little crooked) Both blades tangs are stamped Crucible Knife Co New York.

https://i.imgur.com/jQ3fyib.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/GQDIuo2.jpg?1[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/f3R35lq.jpg[/img]']

A coke bottle and a smile :thumbsup: this one does it for me :D
Thanks Charlie :thumbsup:
Thing go better with a coke bottle, especially one like that, Rob!!:thumbsup::D

Thanks Paul!!:)

Nice Crucible, Les!!;)
K K33ncutter

I like crooked shields, adds character, I have a couple with crooked shields by different makers, when I look closely it appears intentional to have it fit the bone as flush as possible.
That's a pretty Crucible Les:thumbsup:
Thanks Rob! I think it has some nice bone. At least with that shield I can recognize it easily enough.:)

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew anything about challenge cutlery company? I found a three blade pocket knife in decent condition and cleaned it up and sharpened it. I just cant seem find out a whole lot about it.

Back