"Old Knives"

P & G, That's a nice Electric Cut Co.
Beautiful knives aren't they! All the boxes are ticked with those Knives, Real nice Clip point, Matchstrike Pull, Federal Shield ontop of real nicely Jigged Bone finished off with a Butt cap - and what a great looking package all together!
I remember in the day when Mr. Hilborn was selling one I grabbed it- Paul had two and I got one of them!:):thumbsup:

Nice Solingen there Kev, - as mentioned, love the Bone - in fact my friend, that whole Knife has a very nice look!

Rob, Man..that Pearl is a very very nice knife, as our friend North Shore has stated a talented group of Hands made that Knife that's for sure!
That Northfield is a great old Knife as well, That Blade is still very full my friend- what a neat survivor!!

Unchained, You'll find a lot of Class in those lovely Bone Pens ( previous page), I picked up just a few of the smaller ones, they all are outstanding knives that each hold such qualities that keep me coming back to try and take it all in!

Nice Robeson there, Robeson deserves their Place at the very Top, as we know the Quality of their Knives was outstanding - especially in the earlier part of the 20th!! as you can see the quality still went on as you can see in yours!
I really like the nice finishing touch to that Pull on the Main- very cool :cool:

Thank you kindly Duncan!
Right you are about the smaller oldies pens, sleeve boards, etc. The feel is priceless.
Agreed on Robeson as well, they’re a joy to behold.

cheers,
Gus

Thanks Duncan, I always like to see other examples of the same knife. Here was a picture I found of two of the same Electric jack that have had a rougher life. But you can see they have the same bone jigging, shield, pins, and match strike pulls. Is your example also the same as these?
04BCQCe.jpg

I won't spew thoughts on the reason but it is interesting that the small gents knives in those days were very expensive compared to the working man's knives and today we collectors value the working man's knives equally or in many cases surpassing the finely crafted gents knives. Both are tons of fun to collect :thumbsup::D

Rob, Man..that Pearl is a very very nice knife, as our friend North Shore has stated a talented group of Hands made that Knife that's for sure!
That Northfield is a great old Knife as well, That Blade is still very full my friend- what a neat survivor!!

Thanks Augie:thumbsup: I think your saber spear is the same pattern. I had the same thought about the single clip, it was a buy now so I pulled the trigger. Not a steal of a price but acceptable. I hadn't seen another single clip so as I waited on it's arrival i dug around looking for another example. I found this from several years ago. Different pattern. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/old-knives.527126/page-215#post-11794929
I'm wary of rare old knives and certainly no expert at identifying tampered with knives but it looks ok to me.
Rob, love the Northfield, pretty unusual being a single clip. Pretty sure the 2 blade spear I have is the same pattern.

View attachment 1518074

Back