"Old Knives"

Thanks Mike, Cal, Charlie, Duncan and Rob for your kind comments on my Electric Jack. Further thanks to
Mike L. for the additional historical production timeline on a Newark NJ Electric!

As some of you know I have a particular and great fondness for Robeson PocketEze folders. When Duncan
posted this comment on pg. 1034 “Robeson deserves their Place at the very Top, as we know the Quality of their Knives was outstanding - especially in the earlier part of the 20th!!” I felt compelled to add a few photos of my favorite pre
war PocketEze folders for your hopeful viewing pleasure and to second what Duncan said! Thanks for looking.
2672B89D-9A03-4D1F-9890-1749DE765AE1.jpeg 0DF804F7-17EE-4572-BA8A-A0D58DB2A734.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, lot's of good stuff posted since I last checked in.
Rob, very nice to see more pics of your Northfield jack.:thumbsup:
Lovely Robeson doctor's knife, Gus, in very good condition.:thumbsup:
Great Hammer Brand junior cattle knife, pistonsandgears.:thumbsup:
Duncan, very nice Electric jack.:thumbsup: Picture looks good to me.:thumbsup:
Augie, beautiful Northfield stabber jack.:thumbsup: I can't quite make out all the words on the etch, but like it!
Three lovely Electric jacks, Kevin.:thumbsup:
Lambertiana, beautiful Electric jack.:thumbsup: Nice to see one with the spear blade. The jigging is not quite typical NYK and I can't make out the tang stamp. Is this possibly an older one?
Wow Lloyd, your Electric is a beauty!:thumbsup: Very nice to see a pre NYK one, and a spear blade to boot. Also four beautiful Robeson PocketEze.
I also have one of the more common Electric jacks, but, I don't have a picture, and it looks pretty much like everyone else's.

Lloyd, after a glance at these 4 I understand why you have a fondness!:thumbsup:
Thanks Mike, Cal, Charlie, Duncan and Rob for your kind comments on my Electric Jack. Further thanks to
Mike L. for the additional historical production timeline on a Newark NJ Electric!

As some of you know I have a particular and great fondness for Robeson PocketEze folders. When Duncan
posted this comment on pg. 1034 “Robeson deserves their Place at the very Top, as we know the Quality of their Knives was outstanding - especially in the earlier part of the 20th!!” I felt compelled to add a few photos of my favorite pre
war PocketEze folders for your hopeful viewing pleasure and to second what Duncan said! Thanks for looking.
View attachment 1519728 View attachment 1519729

This is an Aerial knife that I got a couple years ago but never did find a good light to get pictures that show how unique it is. I have never seen anything like it and I wish I knew how to record videos and post here so I could show how the effect changes as you rotate the knife while looking at it. The best way I can describe it is it's like those hologram trading cards that I used to get. Also looks like Aerial used Utica punches on these ones ;)

AERIAL1.JPG AERIAL1A.JPG AERIAL1B.JPG AERIAL1C.JPG AERIAL1D.JPG AERIAL1E.JPG AERIAL1F.JPG

Nice Oldie there Kev!
Lloyd bringing up those Robesons - well that kind of post always stirs you doesnt it seing such beautiful high End knives like those examples.

Not so Clean- this Robeson has ben used but is still in very nice condition, The build of this Knife is right up there with any, If i am correct the Mastercraft line had the Brass bushes for easier / smoother opening- As mentioned Stunning Deep Jig Work, a super High Quality Scout! Pretty sure Mastercraft line went out 1940's I think.

KZp1PpT.jpg

One perhaps notch above the last Shown Robeson is this beauty - Permalube Bronze Shielded awesome Knife, you just know you have a handful of Quality when this fantastic piece is in your hand, this was a pick-up from the Queen Show that was on at the same time as the GEC Rendezvous and I am very glad I did.

5NRrFxT.jpg

H5pJ0cN.jpg

Back