"Old Knives"

I look forward to your (maybe pending?) thread on ink erasers, Rachel!
Here is one, probably not as old as your two, but made for Canada when ink pens were still used I assume!!View attachment 1584895View attachment 1584896View attachment 1584897
Very cool! I wonder when they stopped making them. My mother used to make a little pin money doing calligraphy for fancy diplomas and awards. This was back in the '70s. I don't remember her using an eraser, just cussing and having to start over.

I'm still hoping my Rodgers shows up, and plan to start a thread.

Little Remington R7423 Sleeveboard double blade on a single backspring Circa 1924-1933
q1ICGio.jpg

With the Remington Fishermans daddy barlow of the same vintage (seems fitting for fathers day)
szKgGjr.jpg

Sorry about not 'liking' some of these darlings, lately. For whatever reason, I don't get notifications for the threads I signed onto for notifications, and I get behind. I do love you all, and all of your knives, and in the meantime, Happy Fathers' Day and Happy Summer Solstice!:thumbsup:

I've found a new little collecting niche: ink eraser knives. They are interesting tools and an economical way to find some very old tang stamps.
eQd8iSo.jpg

I bought one that says: Wards Eraser, and when it got here, I noticed below that: S.W.C.C.

The only thing that comes to mind is Schrade Walden Cutlery Co, but I've never seen that particular marking. Anyone have any ideas?

QhWnZPn.jpg

I've got a Joseph Rodgers that tracking says is stuck somewhere between Houston and Austin for four days now. 😡
If it ever gets here, I plan to start a dedicated ink eraser thread. They qualify as traditional fixed blades, right?
Goins' has a "Swan Works Cutlery Co. Germany" which is a long shot for your ink eraser but the letters fit. I don't doubt that some of them were imported. Looking forward to the upcoming thread!

John Primble, India Steel Works!! This knife comes from an era of artistically created, well-made American knives!! Both blades marked, great pick bone, etch still visible; it's in great collectible condition! 3 5/8" knife.
"English Steel (Primble logo) Hand Forged" etch! Matchstrike main, both blades have long pulls - fancy shield icing the cake!! ;)Eureka pic 1.jpgEureka pic 2.jpgEureka pic 3.jpg
Scanned on a vintage AGFA scanner, through patina-ed glass!!😲:rolleyes:🤣

:p :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Charlie…
What a wunderful knaf for some cf/ce’n.
I just lurve match strikes and long—pulls too !
That stone’s hue would make one serious pair of scales !!

John Primble, India Steel Works!! This knife comes from an era of artistically created, well-made American knives!! Both blades marked, great pick bone, etch still visible; it's in great collectible condition! 3 5/8" knife.
"English Steel (Primble logo) Hand Forged" etch! Matchstrike main, both blades have long pulls - fancy shield icing the cake!! ;)View attachment 1588024View attachment 1588025View attachment 1588026
Scanned on a vintage AGFA scanner, through patina-ed glass!!😲:rolleyes:🤣
What an exquisite Eureka

Back