"Old Knives"

Totally agreed Rob! Remi sure made some dandies!!
That I-XL isn’t too clean thankfully and that variety of stag on one knife is just mawvellous !!
I lurve the congress patterns, half or full for that matter!

Here's a recent arrival, it was cleaned a little but thankfully not polished. The past 6 months or so I've been enjoying carrying a half congress to work, they are thin and light. Sheepsfoot or lambsfoot is my preference for the main blade in any 2 blade pattern. I've favored a 3.5" Ulster but had my eye out for a larger congress so I made an offer on this 3 7/8" IXL. I'll sharpen it this afternoon and put her in the rotation.

8BhMgNv.jpeg

If I need a change of scenery all I have to do is flip it over:cool:
6fDyXXV.jpeg

You see a lot of comments about well matched stag covers and I agree it's a very desirable thing but there's something to be said for 2 totally opposite covers as well.

It's nice thin stag too.
Et9bray.jpeg
Thats right up my alley, well wear Rockman. Been using a similar-ish piece from John Nodder a lot lately. The shape lends itself well to the hand and the sheepsfoot is nice for everyday stuff and sharpening. Far nicer to me than any modern tackle.
Enjoy using it!

Wonderful additions Rob and Gus!! simply beautiful Knives!
Augie That Knife deserves a Patina to be added slowly if you can?

As for the slanderous comments to my good name, I am seeking legal advice so I cannot comment on the savage attempts of character assassination's against me

🤣

Thank you all for the nice comments. Paul.those were some good times with friends, I hope one day we can all get together again at a knife event, we had a great time, just have to watch out for Duncan😁

Three more of the sheepsfooot jacks, an Ulster teardrop, a Cattaraugus and an old Miller Brothers which although well worn still has great snap and amazing bone.

View attachment 1663920View attachment 1663921View attachment 1663922

Wow, a teardrop sheepsfoot. I think that’s the first one I have seen.

Gus, Duncan, thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Cal you and Gus have inspired me to take my 1 and only Remington out for a picture, the bone and long crisp swedges on the ones you boys posted are top shelf stuff 😍 :thumbsup:

Thats right up my alley, well wear Rockman. Been using a similar-ish piece from John Nodder a lot lately. The shape lends itself well to the hand and the sheepsfoot is nice for everyday stuff and sharpening. Far nicer to me than any modern tackle.
Enjoy using it!
Thanks Ed :thumbsup: they do feel good in hand and look good in my eyes. I agree on the sheepsfoot, nice around the house blade for anything that needs cutting. Cardboard in my house lives in fear!

Augie, here's one you commented on when I originally posted it. My only sheepsfoot jack, came in a group of NYK Co knives I bought early this year. Seems like a good time to post it again.
QfrSfS7.jpeg

Rob that Bone on that Sheepsfoot Jack is just beautiful my friend- outrageously stunning! would join Augies group perfectly.

That Russell and Hollinger are simply gorgeous too, Both have not seen much use at all - man...has that Russell ever had use? Just look at the Bone on the Both of those Barlows- just perfect Barlow Bone!

Gus, Duncan, thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Cal you and Gus have inspired me to take my 1 and only Remington out for a picture, the bone and long crisp swedges on the ones you boys posted are top shelf stuff 😍 :thumbsup:

Thanks Ed :thumbsup: they do feel good in hand and look good in my eyes. I agree on the sheepsfoot, nice around the house blade for anything that needs cutting. Cardboard in my house lives in fear!

Augie, here's one you commented on when I originally posted it. My only sheepsfoot jack, came in a group of NYK Co knives I bought early this year. Seems like a good time to post it again.
QfrSfS7.jpeg

Rob, that is such a beautiful knife, great one to be your only one.

Boy oh boy Rob!
As Duncan, Charlie and John have said…
Mawvellous hues, textures, and jiggin’ up there on that sheep’s foot o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Then those sweet barlows :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have this a while but failed to post it here.
Fast becoming a fave of my pocket despite being way classier than a fella like me should be seen with!
It's about as close to what I refer to as "Augie/Delorean condition" as I have:) No offence intended A, I'm a serious admirer of yours and all the knives posted here. This and a couple other threads here are therapy.

With full blades all that was needed was a couple passes on the stones to pop hairs. I've a couple other Nowill's and they are finely made.

Last edited:
Thanks Duncan, appreciate it, you may remember the Russell from several years ago, it came from the factory unsharpened. The edge is perfectly flat. The pile side has the Russell arrow. An unusual marking by Russell but not unheard of. Man the action on it is like an expensive custom, unbelievably smooth and springy at half stop.
pQ150Ap.jpeg

Rob that Bone on that Sheepsfoot Jack is just beautiful my friend- outrageously stunning! would join Augies group perfectly.

That Russell and Hollinger are simply gorgeous too, Both have not seen much use at all - man...has that Russell ever had use? Just look at the Bone on the Both of those Barlows- just perfect Barlow Bone!

Charlie, glad I brightened it up for a spell :thumbsup:
Thanks
You are dazzling us tonight, Rob!! 😲 :cool: 😋

Thanks John, appreciate the compliment :thumbsup:
Rob, that is such a beautiful knife, great one to be your only one.
Thanks Gus, appreciate the compliment :thumbsup:
Boy oh boy Rob!
As Duncan, Charlie and John have said…
Mawvellous hues, textures, and jiggin’ up there on that sheep’s foot o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Then those sweet barlows :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ed, that's a fine J Nowill and sons whittler :thumbsup: 😍 It would be a joy to carry and admire!
I have this a while but failed to post it here.
Fast becoming a fave of my pocket despite being way classier than a fella like me should be seen with!
It's about as close to what I refer to as "Augie/Delorean condition" as I have:) No offence intended A, I'm a serious admirer of yours and all the knives posted here. This and a couple other threads here are therapy.

With full blades all that was needed was a couple passes on the stones to pop hairs. I've a couple other Nowill's and they are finely made.

Back