"Old Knives"

Thanks for the good comments ,again,these are not my knives.But I asked permission from my "Goodfella" friend,to share these here with you.When I saw the scans I liked what I saw & knew you all would too,enjoy,
-Vince

Last edited:
11-11-2007_08jpg37jpg46PM.jpg

"Kentucky mint." Sounds like something the ole dawg would say. Beautiful old knives btw. My searches for good old knives on the internet and in person usually end up disappointing. Hard to find the really great ones.

Not mine guys,just sharing.But I do likey!!!!
02-10-2008_084834AM.jpg

02-10-2008_100309AM.jpg

02-06-2008_043005PM.jpg

02-10-2008_100011AM.jpg

Some nice scales there.
You don't have to own them, I bet it feels good just touching 'em.

If you can, keep em coming. some beautiful wallpaper material.

Some nice scales there.
You don't have to own them, I bet it feels good just touching 'em.

If you can, keep em coming. some beautiful wallpaper material.

Now the scales on the Naponoch are not what you would regularly see on a Naponoch
The Federal shield knife is a Cattaraugus
Can't touch 'em,either,just sharing images that I know will be loved & enjoyed by you Folks here
-Vince

Great Knives Vince & Charlie!! Thanks for the Pix. I would like to have them All.

Vince,

What I meant was that with all of the fakes and highly buffed knives out there today it's hard to find good old knives, even aside of the mint ones. Some people today think old knives need to shine like fishing lures, which must work because there are suckers who buy them.

Hi Mike. I just got burned on ebay for a highly buffed knife. It was so hard to tell from the picture.It's out of circulation now.

Waynorth, what is the make on the lockback on the bottom right? My friend just picked up an Identical one marked Excelsior Cutlery Company.

Rivit, it's marked Ulster, with Ellenville under it. I wonder if Ulster made the Excelsior??

Check this out,old flushjoint,too
02-10-200820115100AM.jpg

02-10-200820114502AM.jpg

11-11-200720102635PM.jpg

I would bet that Ulster did make the Excelsior. Thanks for the great pic. Maybe I will try to make one of my own later since I got some new ones this weekend.

Back