"Old Knives"

l2d, that's a neat concept of the "Sailors knife" or "Rope knife" or "Marlin Spike" etc, I cant quite read the maker on the blade but it seems to be electro etched, possibly a 70's knife? - but a pretty cool one!

Thanks for the reply, Duncan. I figured it was some sort of sailors knife. The etching reads "Indian Ridge - Sheffield - England"

Nope, gonna leave it just as it is. I like it that way, Duncan. Wife saw it and gave me kind of a funny look so I hid it from her so she won't get any ideas later.;)

Last edited:
John has just taken a few photos for me of some of my Sheffield pearls. Here is the Rodgers Cutlers to His Majesty whittler (Goins: prior to 1900). A hairline crack through the engraved name on the pearl.
Charles
arnoldpearlwhittler1.jpg

arnoldpearlwhittler2.jpg

arnoldpearlwhittler3.jpg

arnoldpearlwhittler4.jpg

Charles, just an exquisite pocket knife, I love the early Sheffield stamping type face - and wow - an Antique that has very little use! - those blades look almost unused!
Those guys really knew how to make a knife in those days!

Thanks Duncan. The only flaw in this one is the crack through the engraved name, so you wonder if the owner just put it away after that happened, because it shows very little if any use.

Charles

Back