"Old Knives"

Stunning Haul Augie!!! That Hatch is juuuuuust beeeeeauuuutiful!!!!
Check out the Jig work on that! - now you just cannot tell me that that was machine Jig Work! from the Centre out in every direction!! I have never seen this- And I love it to bits!

Augs,,,,,, LOVE that one arm Razor- what a beauty.

Rob- my friend one of those was gifted to me - I carried that Knife - being from the same era as myself on my Wedding Day! Special Knife- the Bottom one!

Mike- Henckels - also Early English really knew how to Haft Stag in those days- rarely seen today.

LOL Harry- Yes good idea my friend- Paul..could you start this by sending that Knife to Harry, I will..... I will follow up soon- Honest!

Augie Augie , all those knives are spellbinding, but I especially liked your Kinfolks and HSB. Paul, Duncan AND Augie, those Case Barlows made me cry and put my few deeper in the pile. Beautiful!
- Stuart

Some great knives showing here lately. Like Jack, I found myself six pages behind. How'd that happen?

That Jimmie Allen Robeson jack is a nice knife.

They made at least two different jacks. The other had a sheepfoot main blade. And they made an Outers style hunting knife with a Jimmie Allen embossed sheath.

There was a huge following of the 1930's radio program featuring Jimmie Allen.

I put together a display of items to go along with the knives and there were multiple sponsors over time, from petroleum companies to Cleo-Cola to sliced bread.

The first "Airplane" pin I bought was still in its original shipping envelope and in a wax paper wrapper. It had been ordered by a young girl, but when she got it, her father would not allow her to wear it. Jerk. I bought it from that girl who many years later listed it on Ebay. It's next to the blue and white "Flying Cadet" patch in the photo.

The blue, grey and red advertising banner is large and folded to fit the display case. There's a whole airplane that you cannot see. That came with a hanging bracket with a metal clamp to fit around a light pole or similar for inside or outside display.

The B/W photo is from a 1930's B-Grade motion picture.

Sorry about the overhead lights.

This is not my knife, but photos I snipped off the web. This is the only example of this pattern I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Nice Charles:thumbsup: I had one style of wing pins, the little big book, or is it vise versa? and a CD with several years of radio programs on it also. I sold it as a group on the bay:confused:

Beautiful HSB OVB Coke Bottle John! I believe that it was made by NYKC hammer brand. The pin pattern with two brass pins holding the covers, the shield and the saber spear blade shape are all NYKC. I have a couple of NYKC Jacks one a Coke Bottle just like yours same length 3.75" same pin arrangement and shield but not with as pretty handle covers. Mine are dark Ebony. Put HSB on the pen tang and OVB on the primary blade tang and it would look just like yours. I also have a NYKC bare head Jack jigged bone handles with that exact same saber spear blade profile, shield and pin layout. I share your enthusiasm for this large jack!

Last edited:
NOTE:This is not a solicitation for purchase or sale. Enchanted by the Case XX Barlows previously shown, I went to the large online auction site and watched a mint redbone Case XX Barlow 62009 1/2 from 1965-1969 go for over $190.00. That's a chilling experience. OK, let's get on with showing the daily carries.
- Stuart

Beautiful HSB OVB Coke Bottle John! I believe that it was made by NYKC hammer brand. The pin pattern with two brass pins holding the covers, the shield and the saber spear blade shape are all NYKC. I have a couple of NYKC Jacks one a Coke Bottle just like yours same length 3.75" same pin arrangement and shield but not with as pretty handle covers. Mine are dark Ebony. Put HSB on the pen tang and OVB on the primary blade tang and it would look just like yours. I also have a NYKC bare head Jack jigged bone handles with that exact same saber spear blade profile, shield and pin layout. I share your enthusiasm for this large jack!

Thank you Lloyd for that information, I was curious as to who made the knife and it certainly is NYKC quality.

Thanks also to everyone else for the comments on the knives:)

I had one of those with the same blade broken (sheepsfoot, I know from BLR). The only one I've seen completed on the auction site also had the sheepsfoot broken.
Interesting, there must of been something about those sheepfoot blades that made them tempting for opening by prying. Did you know anything about the age of the knife?

WWII or earlier, by the can opener. BLR says Remington sold its cutlery division to Pal in 1940 (somebody here says 1941). How far back they go I don't know. BLR might give a hint in his Scout/Utility section.

New find from solingen - Schmachtenberg Bros.

Looks like a swayback lambsfoot almost. I think the handles are some kind of horn. My book dates the mark anywhere from 1887-1939.

I though the blade stamp was super cool! Anyone have more info?

37137429482_a85298e09e_o.jpg

Looks like a swayback lambsfoot almost. I think the handles are some kind of horn. My book dates the mark anywhere from 1887-1939.

Once you get some more info you should totally do a video on it!!

Very cool! It took me a moment to decode the rebus puzzle of a stamp. :D

Back