"Old Knives"

Ted, Love the big ol Cammies:thumbsup: I keep one on my workbench in my garage, it has Orr Felt on the covers also.

John, as usual you scored another BEAUTY my friend, spiral punch, CHECK, gorgeous covers, CHECK, coined liner, CHECK. Definitely checks all the right boxes:thumbsup::cool:

Here is a Terrier Cutlery Company, circa 1910 to 1916, four blade scout/utility. This is a very difficult to find folder and very rarely encountered. Terrier was a premium brand of Robeson Cutlery Company. It is in very good condition with most of the evidence of use on the master spear point blade and very little evidence of much use with the three other blades. Function is excellent and very positive. Thanks Charlie N. for alerting me to this one. Got it for what I think was a very good price. Charlie has one that is in excellent unsharpened condition and is just outstanding!IMG_1489.jpg IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1493.jpg IMG_1494.jpg IMG_1492.jpg

Wow Luger - that is a rare beast. I would have snatched that one up for sure fir my Scout collection! Well done.

That Lloyd is an OUTSTANDING Camper!!! I appreciate the pristine condition knives, I truly do but what I like even more is to drop one like that in my pocket and use (carefully mind you) but without guilt:thumbsup: I love that knife and thank you for posting it. Man, some day I would love to meet you and talk, handle and look at many knives together:thumbsup: Always impressive:cool:

Here's a Rodgers whittler. Tiny crack in the back, but i just couldn't send it back.

tIGlI2F.jpg
Man, it's hard to keep up with this forum lately!!
Super JR, Mike!!
Rare and lovely!!

Having just purchased a Scout collection, I thought you'all might like to see some of the stars!
Here are two NYKs. It is amazing how much difference 1/4" can make to a pocket knife.
These are 3 5/8" and 3 7/8" respectively. The larger one feels much bigger in hand;
NYK Hammer Comparo 1.jpg

Thanks Duncan, Paul, Dave, ST, Mike and Charlie C. for your kind remarks on my Terrier Camp/Utility folder!

Yes, I think Charlie N. has the largest high grade collection of Terrier knives in the WORLD and probably most of them with exception of a couple:D!!

Just outstanding Scouts Charlie! Such breathtaking high grade examples--WOW:thumbsup::thumbsup:!

That's a pristine pair! Very nice.
Having just purchased a Scout collection, I thought you'all might like to see some of the stars!
Here are two NYKs. It is amazing how much difference 1/4" can make to a pocket knife.
These are 3 5/8" and 3 7/8" respectively. The larger one feels much bigger in hand;
View attachment 769381

Got this one in today. Bought it with intentions of sharpening and using. I'm not sure I can, the main blade appears lightly used but I can still see the factory grind. The pen still has the original factory sharp grind. Never cleaned or monkeyed with. Love the taper on the clip ! Super thin.
YR8yW9w.jpg

bSGfav8.jpg

OgNv17l.jpg

LE0mF6t.jpg

Last edited:
Man!! Some Great knives being shown here lately!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Rob that Case Tested is to die for!! WAY:cool:! Love the bone!!!

Charlie, You sly old dog!!! I never heard about any "Scout collection" being recently purchased!!!:confused:o_O:D
Man you are better at keeping secrets than I thought! :cool: Those two posted are STUNNING!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Can't wait to see more!

Dave

Very nice Jack, Rob!
It looks like a light hone, and light use, would not devalue that beauty. I suspect it has touched a stone, but very carefully! Kudos to the previous owner!

^^^^^ OH MY!!!!! Be still my heart!!
What a Sweet collection My Friend!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't believe I've ever seen a Lakeside before! What a SWEET Scout!! :cool::cool::cool:

Dave

Back