"Old Knives"

Thanks Charlie, yes it's previous owner took good care of it. A 10X glass tells the tale on the grinds. He probably did touch it up lightly but it's dull now.

^^^^^ OH MY!!!!! Be still my heart!!
What a Sweet collection My Friend!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't believe I've ever seen a Lakeside before! What a SWEET Scout!! :cool::cool::cool:

Dave
Dave I share your thoughts- Im not too sure what it is- but Scouts are really taking me by storm- Charlies group shown there alone- would be a lifetime of collecting for me- having found the Ultimate in Scouts with HARD-TO-GET Maker Marks to boot!
I just cannot get over these scouts Charlie- Just amazing.

Lloyd matey- you are welcome - I just love it when you post - your taste in knives is right up there my friend.

Dave, I posted these elswhere, but they fit in here as well.
I will add some more pics as I can.

View attachment 769451 View attachment 769452
Here is a Terrier Cutlery Company, circa 1910 to 1916, four blade scout/utility. This is a very difficult to find folder and very rarely encountered. Terrier was a premium brand of Robeson Cutlery Company. It is in very good condition with most of the evidence of use on the master spear point blade and very little evidence of much use with the three other blades. Function is excellent and very positive. Thanks Charlie N. for alerting me to this one. Got it for what I think was a very good price. Charlie has one that is in excellent unsharpened condition and is just outstanding!View attachment 769060 View attachment 769059 View attachment 769058 View attachment 769057 View attachment 769056

Having just purchased a Scout collection, I thought you'all might like to see some of the stars!
Here are two NYKs. It is amazing how much difference 1/4" can make to a pocket knife.
These are 3 5/8" and 3 7/8" respectively. The larger one feels much bigger in hand;
View attachment 769381

Dave, I posted these elswhere, but they fit in here as well.
I will add some more pics as I can.

View attachment 769451 View attachment 769452

I just HAD to bring these over to this page... I just am astonished that such quality is still in existence- Luger and Charlie- BEAUTIFUL SCOUTS!!!!! Im trying to find words to express just how I feel when viewing these Knives- THANK YOU for sharing such treasures.

Thank You for the pile side scan Charlie!:thumbsup:
I'm diggin the punch on that Hammer Brand! :cool:
They both are lookin Mighty Minty!! :D:D:D

Dave

Got this one in today. Bought it with intentions of sharpening and using. I'm not sure I can, the main blade appears lightly used but I can still see the factory grind. The pen still has the original factory sharp grind. Never cleaned or monkeyed with. Love the taper on the clip ! Super thin.
YR8yW9w.jpg

bSGfav8.jpg
Wow, that green bone is gorgeous! I love how thin that blade is, that's how they all should be!
Congrats on a GREAT pick up! :thumbsup:

Rob, great score on that Case. Charlie, I like all of the scouts but I love the Union and, of course, the two NYK Co. scouts. Do you have to kick knives out of the way to clear a path to your kitchen?

Thanks Mark,
I wish they still made them like this, these tapered thin blades make a fine slicer and explains why we see so many old knives with a re shaped blade.
Wow, that green bone is gorgeous! I love how thin that blade is, that's how they all should be!
Congrats on a GREAT pick up! :thumbsup:

[quote Paul] CHARLIE, just flat out AMAZING, STUNNING Camper/Scouts:cool: [end quote]

Thanks, Paul!! Glad you like them!!

John, nice, very classic, Schrade whittler!

Last edited:
Three more from the recent collection. Two Empires, and one Empire-made, Scouts. I have owned a couple of those Pearls in lesser condition, and often dreamed of finding a minty one. The etch has faded, but is all there - it's a nice example IMO. The Lakeside has a classic early Empire punch, and the other two knives have somewhat later, less-expensive pattern punches.
The bone Empire has a deep etch (maybe a stamp?). Enjoy!
Empire Scouts A.jpg Empire Scouts B.jpg Empire Scouts C.jpg

SO Sweet Charlie!! :eek::eek::eek::thumbsup::cool:
SO Minty! I'm Very Happy for you My Friend!!:thumbsup:
Super additions to your collection!! Glad a connoisseur like you has custody of these Beautiful examples of the cutlers art!!:cool::cool::cool::D
Love the trade beads!! The Russian Blues are OUTSTANDING!!!!!!:cool:

Dave

Back