"Old Knives"

Lots of great pens being posted everyone and Gev, that jack is a stunner, classic great looking knife.

Pens are greatly under represented in my collection, I only have one or 2. This one is a Rodgers, stamped Cutlers To His Majesty. Little used but has some corrosion from time.

IMG_5413.jpg IMG_5421.jpg

Lots of great pens being posted everyone and Gev, that jack is a stunner, classic great looking knife.

Pens are greatly under represented in my collection, I only have one or 2. This one is a Rodgers, stamped Cutlers To His Majesty. Little used but has some corrosion from time.

View attachment 797977 View attachment 797978
Thanks very much Augie!! Your stag pen is a stunner as well. I am still carrying my Rodgers today. Man did that firm make fine knives !!

Jack B, you have more wonderful Pens than anyone!!
herder, that's a stellar Eagle you have landed there!!
Gev, that Jack be a nimble heart-stealer!!
Augie, a Staggey, class act!!

This EyeWitness cannot be banned, despite having Pachyderm roots!!
And it just falls into the Pen category in size (3 1/4")!*
Eyewitness Ivory 1.jpg Eyewitness Ivory 2.jpg Eyewitness Ivory 3.jpg

*The beads were handmade ca. 100 years ago from Cerrillos Turquoise. The Cerrillos Turquoise district is in what is now New Mexico, but was opened up pre-European "invasion"! Some think it was the first source of Turquoise that was discovered in North America.

Gev - Beauty of a jack :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... There were a few different Eagle Cutleries - I have a Eagle Knife Co New Haven CT knife - that Eagle company only existed 1916-1919 and was bought by Winchester to begin their cutlery business....

John - Great old Rodgers pen :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - looks like dyed stag..

Charlie - that Eyewitness sleeveboard with Pachyderm roots is just super looking :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .....

Cheers
Lee

Absolutely Superb Eye Witness Charlie. Most probably one of the best I have ever seen. What a treasure!

So too are those beads my friend.

That's one beautiful pen knife! Charlie you sure that is a pen knife--the primary blade looks 4 inches long:D ha ha!! I guess it is just the fullness of the blade:eek::confused:

Last edited:
Jack B, you have more wonderful Pens than anyone!!

This EyeWitness cannot be banned, despite having Pachyderm roots!!
And it just falls into the Pen category in size (3 1/4")!*
View attachment 798202 View attachment 798203 View attachment 798204

*The beads were handmade ca. 100 years ago from Cerrillos Turquoise. The Cerrillos Turquoise district is in what is now New Mexico, but was opened up pre-European "invasion"! Some think it was the first source of Turquoise that was discovered in North America.

Thanks a lot Charlie, I do have quantity! :D Your TEW is absolutely stunning my friend :thumbsup:

A German penknife with Art Nouveau style sterling silver scales made by Vom Cleff & Co circa 1900ish.
View attachment 798605
View attachment 798606

Very nice indeed S-K, what amazing condition :thumbsup:

Another super post Herder!!! Great information and cut. I have an knife stamped Ealgle / Phila. ( which seems to have been stamped over a partially removed stamp ) I wonder if its the same company.

18308777105_02b197fa10_b.jpg

One of those rare knives that were beautiful new, stunning now and not some wreck. Used lovingly and continuously I'd say.

Thanks, Will

I too have enjoyed the Parade of Pens. Charlie's and S-K's have been especially nice!

Here's an Ulster. The guy I got it from lives in the area of New York where they were made and has been collecting them for a while. His guess on age is 1930s or maybe pre-WWI. He also said Ulster didn't make many knives with ivory. (Once again, I wish I could take better pics.)

lVDE9hF.jpg

UnwppO5.jpg

bVB4INN.jpg

IxnurK2.jpg

Back