"Old Knives"

Here are a couple of small Robeson PocketEze folders I found and bought recently at the OKCA show. A serpentine split back Whittler pattern and a serpentine double-end single spring pen. Both wear beautiful but different colored/dyed jigged bone handles. The Whittler has the more traditional looking jigged bone and the single spring the worm groove style jigging. The two blade is Robeson/ShurEdge (script)/USA and the Whittler Robeson/ShurEdge(script)/Rochester. The two blade pen is pattern number 622756 and the Whittler is pattern number 633400. Each is 3 inches closed and the Whittler has coined liners. The two blade pen has hammered pins/brass liners and the Whittler looks like it has spun pins/steel liners.3A3301C8-A27D-4693-B20F-8F10A8A73D7C.jpeg 379C252E-BCFB-49D0-ACD2-289968B04644.jpeg A4EB6001-A0A4-42D5-A8D2-94079A19533B.jpeg FFAA4FAB-4ADA-4E2B-BBC0-F496D9C302AF.jpeg Q

Since late last year I have tripled my Ulster collection. I now have three. This pattern was actually in a thread that Charlie started over in Levine's forum a while back.
132A43P.jpg

VJDcGTW.jpg

Cool old FBs North Shore!!:thumbsup:
Great Robesons, that I got to CF and CE a few weeks ago, Lloyd!!:thumbsup:
Real nice, Mike!!;):thumbsup:

Beauties NS, Lloyd ,and Mike. I have at least 5 Ulster made farmers jacks, I like 'em.

Thanks Lyle for the nice comment on my Robesons!

Below are three MOP folders I acquired at at the recent OKCA show.

Top one is a Utica dog leg or serpentine pen Whittler. It is three inches long closed.
Middle one is a Valley Forge pre Boker VF in circle (so pre around 1916) sleeve board 3” two blade pen.
Bottom one is a Utica Swell Center ballon Pen Whittler. It is 3 & 3/8 inches closed.

Thanks for looking!!42BDCC50-6A22-41D0-9362-A4CE38F24E62.jpeg EE9CB9BB-83B2-4A35-B93B-741BEA7F4D81.jpeg 8638E45B-63DB-4878-BAB4-B7225DB71507.jpeg 53E367C9-66FA-46DD-B042-CCB3196D7811.jpeg

I would say you did pretty good there Lloyd! I can't even say which one I like best because they are all so nice. Congrats.

Top one is a Utica dog leg or serpentine pen Whittler. It is three inches long closed.
Middle one is a Valley Forge pre Boker VF in circle (so pre around 1916) sleeve board 3” two blade pen.
Bottom one is a Utica Swell Center ballon Pen Whittler. It is 3 & 3/8 inches closed.

Thanks for looking!!View attachment 899985 View attachment 899984 View attachment 899983 View attachment 899982
WOW! I think the Valley Forge knife stands out to me... something about that shield with the MOP and the font on the etched letters, really classy looking :cool:

A few days after we touched on "kit" knives, I found this c.1946-1956 Imperial interchangeable blade kit with permanent rope blade. I don't think it has ever been sharpened, snaps/functions great but it looks like somebody tried to use the small screwdriver blade and twisted the end a bit... I think after that they just put it away as a nice gift from their employer LoL.;)

IMPKIT-1A.JPG IMPKIT-1B.JPG

North Shore, my friend- absolutely gorgeous Union Cut Co- what a beauty, that's probably 100 years old now- would it not be?

Two outstanding Robeson Pocketeze's Lloyd- man I LOVE them both- what great Knives!

Mr. Mike Robuck my friend - well you kinda blew me away with that stunning find! Man thats a honey that Ulster!!:eek: LOVE that etch and especially the Swedge work on the Blade! simply an outstanding addition to ANY collection!

once again Lloyd, In the Japanese swords- there are such Swords that are called art Swords, because of the unbelievable Craftmanship, your three Pearl Knives can also be called such Knives- as each are indeed a work of Art! wonderful to look at my friend, so thank you for sharing these beauties!

Thanks Kevin and Duncan for your nice comments—I really appreciate it!

Kevin, nice Imperial interchangeable blade kit knife! Does not look used at all just (with exception you noted) and some age tarnish—otherwise just frozen in time! You really find some interesting vintage folders to share with us on here:thumbsup:

Thanks again guys!

Thanks Kevin and Duncan for your nice comments—I really appreciate it!

Kevin, nice Imperial interchangeable blade kit knife! Does not look used at all just (with exception you noted) and some age tarnish—otherwise just frozen in time! You really find some interesting vintage folders to share with us on here:thumbsup:

Thanks again guys!
Thanks Lloyd :) I try to be pretty open minded in my collecting, my only criterion are old, interesting and decent price :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking!!View attachment 899985 View attachment 899984 View attachment 899983 View attachment 899982
Those are all beauties, Especially the Valley Forge!

I found a sweet little Cattaraugus mother of pearl sleeveboard today. I'm guessing it's pretty old.
Cattaraugus pearl 1.jpg Cattaraugus pearl 2.jpg Cattaraugus pearl 3.jpg Cattaraugus pearl 4 .jpg Cattaraugus pearl 5.jpg

It's funny, I don't run across Robesons or Cattaraugus knives often at all around here, and I found one of each within a week. Both m.o.p. sleeveboard pens.

r8shell, very nice finds in your area! I can’t find any such knives or vintage/antique knives, we all like on here, in my area at ALL! That’s why I go to the OKCA show each year! A virtual paradise for vintage knives. I think every notable (and many not so notable or obscure) knife Cutlery Company’s are represented there and their knives available for purchase! Then of course EBay and other collectors is how I find what I am hunting. If you found those locally count yourself blessed:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

r8shell, very nice finds in your area! I can’t find any such knives or vintage/antique knives, we all like on here, in my area at ALL! That’s why I go to the OKCA show each year! A virtual paradise for vintage knives. I think every notable (and many not so notable or obscure) knife Cutlery Company’s are represented there and their knives available for purchase! Then of course EBay and other collectors is how I find what I am hunting. If you found those locally count yourself blessed:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks! Someday I'd like to go to a big knife show like that. I'd have to bring a lot of money.
Finding good stuff locally is hit and miss, and you have to enjoy digging through a lot of junk. A lot of the time the knives aren't in the best condition, but it fits my budget to find something that needs a little clean up. :thumbsup: I was amazed to see that little shadow pen without any pin cracks!

Back