"Old Knives"

Thanks Rachel, I’m assuming that is a very old EC Simmons.

Nice congress Kevin, spurring a great meeting of the minds. Hello Duncan,John, Harry, Gev,and everyone.

Absolutely beautiful bone On the unique barlow Paul.

The bone on that congress, makes me think of Utica or Remington bone.
But Schrade made some like it for their older switchblades.:rolleyes:
On Kevin's congress, I concur with Charlie on the bone.

I have a donor knife to someone with access to natural science forensics.

Cornwall Knife Co. / New York / U.S.A.

I'm thinking c. 1900-1930 ??? No books here o_O

45441717784_6c93c13620_b.jpg

It's a bit hard posting a Knife after our good friend Herder slams us with such a beast, but I just posted this in the Scout Knife Thread, Love these - with good reason, I love, absolutely love what Camullis did with their Bone on their Knives, so underrated.

Purchased off a Forum friend here, the medical Department Shield is more sought after than seen.

XQMqZIi.jpg

cI5GfFN.jpg

dpluzmm.jpg

h8Mrrcq.jpg

Wonderful knives all!!!
Here is an old liner lock Cattaraugus which still has a light "Deer Slayer" etch on the blade.

View attachment 1031317

It's a bit hard posting a Knife after our good friend Herder slams us with such a beast, but I just posted this in the Scout Knife Thread, Love these - with good reason, I love, absolutely love what Camullis did with their Bone on their Knives, so underrated.

Purchased off a Forum friend here, the medical Department Shield is more sought after than seen.

XQMqZIi.jpg

cI5GfFN.jpg

dpluzmm.jpg

h8Mrrcq.jpg

Both are real beauties!! A Catt and a Cam! Nice way to start the morning.

It's a bit hard posting a Knife after our good friend Herder slams us with such a beast
LoL... the way I look at it Duncan is someone has to keep the thread going after these guys post their treasures :D The show must go on! And I would say you followed up herder quite nicely indeed with that gorgeous scout :cool::thumbsup:

XQMqZIi.jpg

cI5GfFN.jpg

dpluzmm.jpg

h8Mrrcq.jpg
I sure wish you get new product with Jigged Bone as nice as these old knives . Your Camillus has some of the best . Very nice old WW-II knife my friend .

Harry

Thanks, Campbellclanman, mitch4ging, waynorth, and V.P.
That's a very nice old Camillus camper with a neat "M.D. - U.S.N." shield, Campbellclanman.
Great old Girl Scout shield on that Utica camper also, V.P.

Good old Catt., Old Engineer. You probably noticed the patent date of July 3 - 1906 on the liner lock tab.
That patent expired for Cattaraugus in 1923 and a bunch of other cutlery companies sure took advantage of that well designed mechanism in the years following.
I love those propeller shields also, one of my favorite styles. :)

Back