"Old Knives"

Nice Stock knives, Paul!! 8813s?? 4 inch??
Great Cattle at the top of this page also!! And you can carry it without worrying!!:)

While we are still near the subject of Pearls, here are a few more;
A Jack and a pen on the same EE handle pattern at 3 1/8", and a regular Jack, 3 1/4', last but not least! :cool:
The EE Jack is from the later 1920s when Schrade tried Stainless Steel!:rolleyes:
Pearl Jacks 1.jpg Pearl Jacks 2.jpg Pearl Jacks 3.jpg

Charlie those are wonderful. I have seen few arch stamp cuts in that condition, let alone in pearl.

The bottom stockman of mine is an 8813 and the one with the blade open is an early walden 881. Both are 4". They are pretty much the same, but those cut co swedges are much better.

Thanks for the info, and the kind words, Paul!!:thumbsup:
Glad you like the beads, as well as the knives, Dave!! (But I knew that!!:D)

Nice Stock knives, Paul!! 8813s?? 4 inch??
Great Cattle at the top of this page also!! And you can carry it without worrying!!:)

While we are still near the subject of Pearls, here are a few more;
A Jack and a pen on the same EE handle pattern at 3 1/8", and a regular Jack, 3 1/4', last but not least! :cool:
The EE Jack is from the later 1920s when Schrade tried Stainless Steel!:rolleyes:
View attachment 1115249 View attachment 1115250 View attachment 1115251
All the knives you've shown are perfect for Easter,Charlie !!! WOW

Paul, that EO SCOUT KNIFE jack is very reminiscent of the WWI Navy issue knives. They were made with pen blades and/or nail files.

I'm wondering if Schrade did not just take what they had left when the war ended and finished them out with that shield.

Hard to keep up with so many beautiful knives shown, what a variety!!!
And waynorth, those pearls, fantastic!!!

Thanks Paul H, Jeff, Dwight and Neal!!
Paul I meant to congratulate you on that EO Scout! Great and carryable piece of cutlery!!
Thanks for posting the Catalog pics, Paul T!!

Charlie N, several manufacturers must have used Navy Knife parts for civilian knives after contracts ended. Schatt & Morgan did one with a "SCOUT" shield, with the Rope blade, and a pen behind! I'll scan some soon!

Kudos to many here for the last few pages of wonderful vintage knives...Charlie, Augie, Jeff, Paul, Nick, Duncan, Kevin, herder, Leghog, Lloyd and many others:thumbsup:

This old Schrade Cut Boy Scout arrived today. The main is quite short yet the pen is virtually untouched:cool: I love the bone, shield, bail and even the blades although the main is worn over the years. All in all, still a great knife to own, carry and use:thumbsup: The blades are rock solid with zero play:)
omhYAf.jpg

jWV34t.jpg

lfGViW.jpg

sZnTNq.jpg

2hmFvz.jpg

lNpHsw.jpg

Have a very Happy Easter everyone:thumbsup:
Bad to the Bone !!!!
Perfect carry, Paul

Here are the Navy Rope knife scans I promised. The top pair of knives are NYKs. I will use the term "Mil-Spec" until I hear different. (Was the manicure blade always required?)
A Mil-Spec, and a one blade "Civilian".

The bottom pair are Schatt & Morgans. The upper a Mil-Spec, and the lower a Civilian, w.pen behind main, marked "SCOUT" on the shield.
Mil vs Civ 1.jpg Mil vs Civ 1A.jpg Mil vs Civ 1B.jpg

Back