"Old Knives"

Kevin, nice Ulster Barlow, they are good ones. You have probably seen these before but I will post them again, salesman sample set of Ulsters I got from Charlie last year, I don't think the one arm ever made it into production as it's the only one without a pattern number on the tang of main blade.

View attachment 1122888 View attachment 1122889

Beautiful Schrade models, Augie, but those Ulster Barlows are incredible!!!

Kevin, nice Ulster Barlow, they are good ones. You have probably seen these before but I will post them again, salesman sample set of Ulsters I got from Charlie last year, I don't think the one arm ever made it into production as it's the only one without a pattern number on the tang of main blade
I had seen em before but the shock and awe was no less intense the second time. :eek: :D

Well earned aging all around. Walden 804 Carpenter whittler with near full blades and mellow peachseed. Circa 1948-1964:thumbsup:
sUcC37.jpg

hyn9Gk.jpg

Paul, that 804 is such a beauty. I love the patina. With the early walden stamp that one is likely to be in the range of 1946-1954 or so. Around 1954 is when they started adding usa to the stamp. Are the small blades stamped as well?

Paul, that 804 is such a beauty. I love the patina. With the early walden stamp that one is likely to be in the range of 1946-1954 or so. Around 1954 is when they started adding usa to the stamp. Are the small blades stamped as well?
Thanks for the info Paul, I wondered if there was a date more specific as it doesn't have 804 stamped anywhere as well, just
SCHRADE
WALDEN
NY
on all three blades:thumbsup:

Just fabulous knives Neal, Kevin and Paul!!! What glorious jigging.

Kev - wonderful wee Pen that old Boker is, and how lucky we are to have Herder agar his magnificent knives and knowledge.

Paul my friend - whew - that Knife is spectacular like Herder says that Bkade shape is awesome. Mind you so too is everything else on that beautiful knife, Schrade Peachseed just rocks!

Paul, very nice, love those 804's and not easy to find in bone.

I've got one in dark bone, it appears to me that Schrade used 2 dyes on their bone of this vintage, a light and a dark. The pics show a 804 and a farmers jack in dark stain and a fish knife with the.lighter stain like yours. Sorry for the overexposed 804 pic, I keep meaning to take better pictures that knife.

View attachment 1122885

View attachment 1122886 View attachment 1122887
Dwight, Duncan and John, sorry, missed these in my haste and wanted to post a "Thank You" for the nice words:thumbsup:

Hi Vince , I recently got hold of a Puma Trail Boss 220 975, product no: 26291.
I would like to know about it if you are familiar with it.

-Maurice

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I used to buy them brand new at the Olsen Knife Company showroom in Howard City Michigan. More recently I have picked them up used at gun shows, antique malls, and swap meets.

Super cool display of the three stepped era of the Imperial Scout- The early one above is one very very nicely made knife, I have one - but with wooden scales and I am surprised just how good it is!

Back