"Old Knives"

Here's a couple I picked up the other day... haven't bought a "non-bone" knife in a while but the swirly Schrade Cut Co caught my eye. The other one happened to be a knife from the same seller so I grabbed that one too. Very good condition on both :):thumbsup:

SCCJ-5A.JPG SCCJ-5B.JPG SCCJ-6A.JPG SCCJ-7B.JPG SCCPAIR-1A.JPG

Last edited:
VERY nice KK's Dan, I agree with our good friend Gev, both excellent, I love that dog leg Bone, but cant look past that Eo either- Just magnificent Knives!

It has been two days with no new posts in this thread, so here are a couple of Keen Kutters. Both purchased, from Charlie, at the OKCA show. The top one at the 2019 show and the bottom one at the 2018 show.

View attachment 1129163 View attachment 1129164

Two great old Keen Kutter models, danno50, but that bone handled dogleg really got my attention!!! :)
Keen Kutter is just one more classic old brand that needs more written about them. Alvin Sellens book is a good start, but we sure need more.
If only we knew someone with a big lead in that field??? :)

Agreed Herder Sir, Keen Kutter brand has that stamping on some veeeeery nice old Knives, lets not overlook the Pen knives that Keen Kutter also have out there- some of them ( as those older Pens do ) are simply stunning!

Thank you for the kind comments, Gevonovich, Campbellclanman and Herder.
Herder, the more I dig into the history of Simmons and the Keen Kutter brand, the more I realize that I have a lot more questions than answers.

Great knives Dan and Kevin, Dan I have a Winchester dog leg that I swear is a dead ringer to that KK, beautiful knife.

Picked up a couple easy opens this week, a Schrade Cut Co and a New York Knife Co, both in nice condition but the NYK has a very nice etch..

IMG_0302.jpg IMG_0304.jpg IMG_0305.jpg IMG_0310.jpg IMG_0312.jpg IMG_0311.jpg

Aaaah Yes Primble had his sneaky ways didnt he!
Im sorry you didnt get that one back Paul! We do some trades and sales that we regret at times dont we!

Augie matey- two OUTSTANDING knives my friend! I wish I was in person viewing them! I would really take my time appreciating those two!

Aaaah Yes Primble had his sneaky ways didnt he!
Im sorry you didnt get that one back Paul! We do some trades and sales that we regret at times dont we!

Augie matey- two OUTSTANDING knives my friend! I wish I was in person viewing them! I would really take my time appreciating those two!

Duncan, wish you were here also buddy, love talking knives with you.

Paul, thank you, sorry you don't have yours anymore, maybe you will find another, amazes me that 100 year old knives show up every now and then in such high condition.

Great knives Dan and Kevin, Dan I have a Winchester dog leg that I swear is a dead ringer to that KK, beautiful knife.

Picked up a couple easy opens this week, a Schrade Cut Co and a New York Knife Co, both in nice condition but the NYK has a very nice etch..

View attachment 1130134 View attachment 1130136 View attachment 1130138 View attachment 1130141 View attachment 1130142 View attachment 1130147
Both are what knife nut dreams are made of, Augie ! Mesmerizing

Back